Could This Happen In A Barangay Near You?

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

This news story is a bit disconcerting for those wishing to retire in RP. I just thought that as long as you gave Mindanao a miss, you were relatively safe.

2 soldiers die, 3 more wounded in Sorsogon clash with NPA rebels

NAGA CITY, Philippines—Two soldiers died and three more were wounded after a “fierce” gun battle erupted between soldiers and suspected communist rebels in Barangay (village) San Isidro in Bulusan town in Sorsogon Thursday morning, an Army official said. Read full story HERE

Could this sort event happen anywhere in RP?

Edited by Kuya Fred

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not likely outside of Mindanao or a few very rural areas but anything is possible.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

My understanding is that the NPA activity has been in decline for decades and they rarely initiate any fighting. In this case the RP Army initiated the contact.

I feel sorry for this critically wounded soldier. It must be tough growing up with his name, from the story "Critically wounded was Pfc Jaypee Retardo."

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
and they rarely initiate any fighting. In this case the RP Army initiated the contact.

"Let sleeping Dogs Lay and sleep " comes to mind

Is this going to be another story, of the politicians running the Army again?? they have Generals for that.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

as far as i know there in pockets around the philippines some in luzon some in mindoro negros mindanao , i personally haven't had any problems with them but i did know a friend of mine that had met a few of them one day , even nanay was talked to by them when she was a kid in negros to join them but she didnt , as long as they leave ME alone im not getting involved in there affairs , i can get alone with anyone as long as you treat me with respect i WILL DO THE SAME so i dont worry to much about all the different groups because if you did you might as well live in a bubble and never leave your door !!

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i have been told one of my wifes cousins is a member, he has been to my house times before, but has never said anything to me one way or the other , altho i agree with some of their points i don't get involved, i am also armed and always looking for things that don't seem right, when i moved here i had no traffic along the so called road next to my place but now more people are moving in and building so it is getting harder to look for those not belonging here

• Like 1