Construction Costs Tagaytay Area?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Excluding the cost for the land, what is the estimated construction costs per square meter for one or two bedroom condominiums? It will probably be a concrete, three-story low-rise building in the Tagaytay area. The first building will have 30 units. Additional buildings are constructed as needed. My brother-in-law is offering a one hectare property on the ridge overlooking Taal Lake. Usage is an assisted living facility for elderly American seniors who can no longer take care of their daily needs like cooking, laundry, cleaning, bathing and grooming. Probably 40% to 50% will be on wheelchairs. We will also need a maid's quarter in the unit for the overnight caregiver.

The entity is a charitable foundation seeking a way to provide low-cost assisted living services for seniors. My involvement is limited to consultancy, including helping with the feasibility study. Since foreign nationals can't own land in the Philippines, the acquiring investment group are Filipinos with the charitable foundation funding some of the land acquisition and construction costs, and serving as loan guarantor for the remainder. The American seniors pay rent and for the services. We estimate the price in the Philippines to be 50% or less compared to an equivalent facility in Hawaii or California.

I am trying to get Philippine rather the American prices, which members of this forun appreciate and understand.

Edited by JJR

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

You are talking for units of 30-40m2. 3 storie building with elevator. so a total of 1500m2 per building by giving space for facilities, restaurant, laundry, reception etc

500m2/floor, 3 slabs all in all, partition walls can be wooden or gypsum, not expensive tiles neither expensive kitchens...give it a 10.000-12.000p/meter and you are good for the labor, irons, cement and finishing plus basic painting.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the estimate joeatmanila. The construction has to be quality, but not luxurious. I will be visiting the Tagaytay property next month to determine its suitability.

The costs for healthcare services in the United States is skyrocketing. Even if someone is willing to work for minimum wage at $7.50 an hour providing home care, it is still too expensive for most Americans. State agencies are offering free training programs, but they are encountering difficulties recruiting potential workers. The situation is so bad that state agencies are accepting high school dropouts for training workshops. The problem is a significant number of these recruits are functional illiterates - 4th grade reading level. What happens when they are required to read instructions for prescription medication?

Edited by JJR