Ofw $$$ May Drop, Cutting Country's Growth

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Maybe the government will wake up and start to appreciate the foreigners who live in and visit the Philippines, and thus spend there foreign money within the Philippines. IMO if they could start to treat expats with more respect and make life easier for us, then more would come to stay or visit and that would probably offset the damage that less OFW money will do to the Philippines in coming months and years. OFW money may drop, cutting country's growthhttp://www.gmanews.tv/story/153455/OFW-mon...countrys-growthMANILA, Philippines - Money sent home by overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) may drop by as much as a third this year, cutting consumption demand and compromising the country

Markham
Posted
Posted
Maybe the government will wake up and start to appreciate the foreigners who live in and visit the Philippines, and thus spend there foreign money within the Philippines. IMO if they could start to treat expats with more respect and make life easier for us, then more would come to stay or visit and that would probably offset the damage that less OFW money will do to the Philippines in coming months and years. OFW money may drop, cutting country's growthhttp://www.gmanews.tv/story/153455/OFW-mon...countrys-growthMANILA, Philippines - Money sent home by overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) may drop by as much as a third this year, cutting consumption demand and compromising the country's growth goals. Currently, 8.7 million Filipinos work abroad. Besides accounting for ten percent of the Philippines' total population, OFWs also constitute 24.2 percent of the country's labor force, as of 2007.
You're having a laugh, right Lee? The Government will act in the simplest, most cost-effective way it can. It will make life more expensive for Expat residents. Expect extensions fees to rise (again), annual report fees to rise, fees for other visa classes to rise (I hear the fee BI wants for non-quota visas has just increased by 20,000), you name it, its cost will rise. Our tenure here will become more expensive and less secure.Maybe unlike you, Lee, I have little faith in this Government to make life easier for Expats or for them to respect our presence here. Why should they when it might cost them additional revenue? Remember, Filipino mentality is shorttermist - to live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself.Mark

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That is unbelievable,I wonder how much a market stand in that location is :)

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
That is unbelievable,I wonder how much a market stand in that location is :)
Nothing. If you find an open space just put one in.