Moving To Bohol, Panglao

stevewool
Posted
Posted

hi there i am new to this forum but jusy asking are there anyone living in these areas or is it just cebu, we have been to the phils twice and to me bohol seems to be the place that i would like to call home for a few years once i retire,

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I LOVE BOHOL too and i want to go back again we stayed there for 4 days a few years back and loved it , i remember we rented a motorbike for 500 peso for the day and we got lost in Tagbilaran we were driving around a round about and i almost crashed into a cop he just smiles and waves me threw I LOVE IT THERE, my wife loves manila its her home city so hard to convince her to leave to live in the province but who knows ??? as for any members living in bohol im not sure of that !!?? but there was allot of expats in bohol that i seen !!! where did you stay in bohol ? we stayed at Beach rock resort just about a 2 minute walk to alona kew resort and the main beach at panglao !!! anyway welcome aboard !!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

brock
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Steve, I love Bohol too. :cheersty:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We have visited Bohol a few times and enjoyed it also. Both times we stayed at Bohol Tropics just north of Panglao near the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
Thomas
Posted
Posted

I haven't moved there yet, but I aim at moving to Bohol next year. To rural parts.

Close enough to Cebu city, when need to go there :) (E g to an international airport.)

• 2 months later...
topher2880
Posted
Posted

Just found this forum.

I was married at Bohol Tropics on the 7th December and my wife's family are from Bohol. I would love to be able to move to Tagbilaran, Panglao, or Cebu but like every other westerner, its all down to the income.

I found Tagbilaran to be a great place, I have spent 2 weeks in the Alona area on Panglao and spent some time in Cebu and for me, being in the outback of Australia, id prefer the quietness of Tag to Cebu

Keep us posted, id be interested to see what you chose

• Like 1

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

My GF was born on Pangangan near Calape and has family there. We stayed on Pangangan a few days on both of my visits to the Phils. I really like it there--peaceful, rural, and friendly folks. We also stayed at Bohol Beach Club on Panglao for a few days my first time over. Really nice place (but $$$). Took some of her family on a van tour of Bohol, too, so we got to see some of the interior--standard tourist tour from Tubigon through Sagbayan, Carmen, Bilar, Loboc, and Tagbilaran. Saw the Chocolate Hills, Loboc river, "man-made forest," and several tourist trap type places along the way (butterfly zoo, Tarsiers, Buko man, small and sad zoo with huge python and other animals). I really enjoyed seeing the countryside the most.

• Like 1