Where To Buy Some Hard To Get Us Grocery Items In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I stopped into Duty Free in the new section of the SM Mall today and found a large selection of foods, snacks and other grocery type items, as well as other items for sale there. The prices were no bargain IMO and from what I saw they were marked in US dollar prices, but at least you can buy coffee and other items you are used to, at least until you can get used to some of the local stuff sold here that is a lot less expensive. Just thought I would pass that along to some readers here.

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

In metro Manila. for some of the "hard to get items" :559: check out.. Cash&Carry ,Cherry Food a rama, Unimart ,(located at Greenhills),Pioneer Supermarket off shaw blvd,Landmark grocery(glorietta. trinoma),Makati Supermarket alabang and S&R membership.I have been able to find things there which i was unable to find elsewhere

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
My wife and I stopped into Duty Free in the new section of the SM Mall today and found a large selection of foods, snacks and other grocery type items, as well as other items for sale there. The prices were no bargain IMO and from what I saw they were marked in US dollar prices, but at least you can buy coffee and other items you are used to, at least until you can get used to some of the local stuff sold here that is a lot less expensive. Just thought I would pass that along to some readers here.
Yes, I have compared prices to supermarkets in Cebu City, the duty free in SM is more expensive.However, I must say that when it was in it's old location in Waterfront Hotel, I bought a 1.5hp aircon there because it was the best deal available that I could find.Regards: Jim Sibbick