Beggers In Provincial Towns

Bundy
Posted
Posted

We all know there are plenty of beggers in the streets of Cebu City.Some areas are worse than others,one for example is F.Ramos St up near Fuente, but there are many many more.

I am living in Carcar and i can say that i have never seen a begger here.

There are some very industrious kids who hang around the local Jollibee.If you park your car out front, they will wait for you to come out and then run to your car and guide you out as you reverse into the oncomming traffic.You can give them a couple of pesos for their "service" if you wish but it's optional,at least they are doing something to get the money and not just begging for it

The other day we went to Barilli and again i don't see any beggers there.If there are you know they'll find you quick smart as we do tend to "stand out" from the crowd if you know what i mean

Well we've just come back from Toledo and guess what........yep beggers! We had lunch in Alberto's pizza place and when we finished started walking towards the waterfront.Now, not once, but twice we were approached by beggers.I know Toledo has developed into quite a large place but to me it's still really a "country town".

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen street beggers outside of the City, and i include Talisay as part of the city.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

that's interesting, I think I have only passed through carcar 2 or 3 times back a few years ago. We stopped at Jolliebe and there was a kid begging for money, the security chased him away.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Some people have moved from Cebu to Toledo as you can get a two bedroom town-house or duplex for under $20 a month. Of course there's not many but they are still there. And if they can't find work? Yup!

• Like 3

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

With reference to the original chap whom gave me the idea and outstretching my best arm "gimme mani", it does work. Kids will get confused. Feel free to give them 'brownies' or other junk food later though.

Edited by Ruddy_Rooster
  • Like 1