Us Department Of Veterans Affairs Office

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Has anyone tried to contact the VA office in Manila lately?

I tried Monday and Tuesday but the recording says their hours are from 9 am until 4 pm but no answer other then that.

I am thinking of changing my address to one here in Liloan until we get the visa to america. Might be another year or so. I did read that if my address is here in philippines I can apply directly to the embassy instead of mailing in the visa request to america.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I don't know the answer to your question but someone here should. Are you applying for a Fiancee Visa or a Spouse Visa?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

They call it DCF or Direct Consular Filing. Available to those residing as a perm res.

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I was able to contact the VA in Manila.

I asked about changing my address to here in Liloan.

I was told to Fax them my Case File Number and Name and ask them in writing to change my address from Texas to here.

I asked them what to do IF I wanted to change my address here permanantly.

I was told to fax them the same info along with asking to have my case file sent to the manila office.

I was told that I could have my VA checks direct deposited into a bank here. They said they have agreements with some banks such as BPI. I was told that with a direct deposit the funds should be available in 1 or 2 days after being deposited. I have to check with BPI about this to be sure.

I have no desire to change my permanent address to the Philippines.

I was only asking for the info.

Thanks

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You can always change your address to the Philippines for while you live here and then change it back to the US later...

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

You can always change your address to the Philippines for while you live here and then change it back to the US later...

Yes.

And the procedure is to send a fax or go into their office to do so.