Summer Camp Or Summer School

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Are there any summer camp or summer school programs in the Philippines? A colleague of mine sends small groups of Thai elementary and high school students to the United States, but airfare and camp fees are on the increase. He is also encountering problems with the issuance of visa by the US Embassy in Bangkok. Part of the incentive for overseas travel is to give the Thai students an opportunity to converse in English. This is the reason why my colleague is considering the Philippines.

luke
Posted
Posted

There are lots of (private run) English courses/programs that cater to foreign students, especially Koreans, all over the PH. There is one in my street, a house where students stay for a couple of months. Summer school in my understanding is for (local) students to catch up or work on low grades. Remember, summer holidays in PH is from April to begin June.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks luke. I will send an email today to make sure I understood correctly the original message. It could be the traditional summer camps where parents send their children to learn boating, swimming, horseback riding, crafts, etc. English conversation is a requirement because American kids can't speak Thai. There are several Bible Camps in the Philippines owned & operated by Evangelical Christian Groups, but the Thai students are mostly Bhuddist or Muslim. They won't like it if every second sentence in any conversation must contain the word, "Jesus."

Edited by JJR
  • Like 1