Cost Of Hand Tools In Metro Cebu ?

Brad616
Posted
Posted

I try and send some tools , for my father in-law and brothers in each box back to Cebu ? What is the general price of hand tools compared to the states ? Anything really cheap/expensive or unavailable I could send ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What tools? Power, carpenter, mechanic?

Brad616
Posted
Posted

Basic hand tools, like , hammers, needle nose pliers, wire strippers , electrical connectors

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I moved here I brought with me a complete set of metric and SAE sockets and wrenches and some other tools plus a battery operated drill and my Dremel set .... there are tools here but not some of the stuff found in the US .... carpentry tools here are only basic stuff .... mechanic tools are a bit better for the good sets you will pay more ..... for the cheap stuff it is all over the place for the stuff you mentioned above ..... specialty tools are almost non-existent ..... some simple tools like 8" dividers I haven't found anywhere in 5 years ..... power tools is a different story .... some are good and some are crap .... Belmont ..... http://www.belmonttools.com/ ...... has some of the better stuff and does most of the warranty for the major brands for other stores .....

Hope this helps ..... if you are looking for something specific I will try and help .... just ask ........... also ACE in SM .... True Value in Ayala and Handyman in Robinsons and E-mall are also good places to hunt for tools and hardware ..... :tiphat: ..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

Brad616
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies --- I was just wondering in my 2 square foot of allotted BB box space :lol: what would be the most useful, for basic home and motor cycle repair ?

What about fasterners, nails, bolts,screws ?