Renting For A Year

mojo31
Posted
Posted

Hi and thanks for the good forum. Had 2 short trips to cebu to look around. first one was in June and stayed at quest hotel and this time stayed in a acondo in mabolo in Persimmon for 2 weeks. Think I would like to rent a condo and keep returning. Trying to find out prices and the like.

But the price online is not the price in person but anyone with some places please let me know. I have browsed online so have some idea.

Met someone there and been chatting to them a lot. They work full time in Lahug and would like a condo around there or Ayala area. I like to take it very slow with them and see how it goes but take a trip every few months for 2 weeks or so and it seems to be more economical to rent a place for a whole year perhaps unfurnished for 10 to 12k and put some things in it rather than rent furnished condos for 2 weeks or hotels when i am there as it will clst more in the long term.

any thoughts?

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)
but take a trip every few months for 2 weeks or so and it seems to be more economical to rent a place for a whole year perhaps unfurnished for 10 to 12k and put some things in it rather than rent furnished condos for 2 weeks or hotels when i am there as it will clst more in the long term.

If you're going for two weeks every few months....... say 4 or 5 times a year....... it seems to me that hotels would be far cheaper. 10K to 12K PLUS furniture plus standing charges for water electricity maintenance etc AND the risk of theft when you're not there..... To me it just does not add up as a more economical way of doing things unless you are comparing it with 5 star hotels and then a 10k or 12k apartment would not compare either..

If you pay 1500 per night in a cheaper hotel, that's 21,000 for a two week stay or 84,000 for 4 visits, 105,000 for 5 visits...... how does that compare with 10k or 12k rent for 12 months? 120,000 or 144,000 right?

Edited by Curley

mojo31
Posted
Posted

I understand your point but the 2 places I stayed in cebu the cost was 2800 a night at Quest Hotel and I think $702 AUD for 15 nights for a studio apartment in Persimmon in mabolo. all had air con fridge, wifi, pool, cable tv etc.

I can find cheaper hotel but like something ok.

think I might be able to find a nice furnished place or even unfurnished for something very reasonable. I am not sure. Maybe can have someone living in it while I am not there as well.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I understand your point but the 2 places I stayed in cebu the cost was 2800 a night at Quest Hotel and I think $702 AUD for 15 nights for a studio apartment in Persimmon in mabolo. all had air con fridge, wifi, pool, cable tv etc.

I can find cheaper hotel but like something ok.

think I might be able to find a nice furnished place or even unfurnished for something very reasonable. I am not sure. Maybe can have someone living in it while I am not there as well.

The sort of place that you will rent for 10k a month will not compare with a decent hotel. More on the level of a decent guest house or pension. Someone living there who has to move out every 2 or 3 months? Paying rent or just caretaking?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think the concept is not quite right for what you are doing, you say you met someone and chatting but will visit for two weeks every few months. If you lease a condo you will probably have to pay the condo fees on top of your planed 12.000P.

Then you run the risk of the things like getting back after being away to find the powers cut off for some unknown reason or phone etc.

This place here for example you have your electricity and gas included for 1300 a day for one bedroom and nothing else to bother with.

http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/rooms.html

• Like 2

S123
Posted
Posted

Where in Cebu City do you find condos for just 10000-12000php/month?

If it's infact outside the city, remember to add the taxi costs (or bus/jeepney+taxi)...