Cheap Flights If You Hurry

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sydnet
Posted
Posted (edited)

Accidents and incidents

• On June 24, 1996, an Air Philippines YS-11 aircraft struck a ground power unit while taxiing at Naga Airport (WNP). The aircraft caught fire. There were no fatalities among the 34 aircraft occupants.
  • On April 19, 2000, Air Philippines Flight 541, a Boeing 737-200 crashed near Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao City, killing 131 people.
  • On February 13, 2012, Airphil Express Flight 969, an Airbus A320-200 with 135 people on board, overshot the runway at Kalibo International Airport, Kalibo, Aklan. No injuries or aircraft damage occurred in the incident.
  • On April 23, 2012: an Airphil Express flight to Tawi-Tawi from Zamboanga City was aborted as smoke emitted from the right turboprop engine of the plane. The plane was about to take off when pilots noticed the smoke prompting them to park and order around 50 passengers to disembark shortly after 7:00 in the morning.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
-broke external links

Sydnet
Posted
Posted

it only air philphine renamed

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

it only air philphine renamed

They are owned by Philippines airlines. Not the first planes to crash in the world :)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Accidents and incidents

• On June 24, 1996, an Air Philippines YS-11 aircraft struck a ground power unit while taxiing at Naga Airport (WNP). The aircraft caught fire. There were no fatalities among the 34 aircraft occupants.
  • On April 19, 2000, Air Philippines Flight 541, a Boeing 737-200 crashed near Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao City, killing 131 people.
  • On February 13, 2012, Airphil Express Flight 969, an Airbus A320-200 with 135 people on board, overshot the runway at Kalibo International Airport, Kalibo, Aklan. No injuries or aircraft damage occurred in the incident.
  • On April 23, 2012: an Airphil Express flight to Tawi-Tawi from Zamboanga City was aborted as smoke emitted from the right turboprop engine of the plane. The plane was about to take off when pilots noticed the smoke prompting them to park and order around 50 passengers to disembark shortly after 7:00 in the morning.

It's hard to say that these are directly the fault of the company.

• hitting the ground power unit - The pilots have restricted vision when taxiing. That is why there are restricted areas to park ground units. Ground crew are there to ensure that there is nothing in the way as they marshal the aircraft into position. Normally the ground crew work for the airport. So in this case it is not the airlines fault.
  • Flight 541 - When this flight was to land, there was another aircraft on the runway. Flight conditions at the time were limited visabllity with low clouds. Flight 542 was informed to circle at low altitude until the runway was cleared. They never should have been told this to begin with because of the low clouds and the mountains were definitely in this flight path. Yes, the pilots can be found at fault as well as tower personnel.
  • Airphil Express Flight 969 (an Airbus A320) was instructed to land DOWNWIND rather than into the wind. This aircraft type is very poor at landing downwind. Conditions at time showed light rain. Ever have trouble stopping your car when it first starts to rain? I'm surprised that the aircraft stopped as quickly as they did.
  • Smoking TurboProp engine - it happens. Good for the pilots to shut down and evacuate as soon as it was noticed. Ever wonder why military aircraft do not start their engines without a fire guard? This happens more often than you would think!

So the four incidents that you found for this airline are not exclusively the fault of the airline. I do the same when I am looking at flying on a different airline for the first time - I check their record. But I also look to see the cause of each incident too. Some incidents ar caused by air crew - it is more exciting to drive a bus than a passenger aircraft. But there are also too many back-ups in place that a pilot can screw up very often. I spent too many years in the Air Force investigating things like this - no matter what aircraft it was, we always got reports on air and ground incidents so we could learn and make sure we would not cause something similar. Though I retired back in 1996, I still try to keep up on major incidents.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted
Accidents and incidentsOn June 24, 1996, an Air Philippines YS-11 aircraft struck a ground power unit while taxiing at Naga Airport (WNP). The aircraft caught fire. There were no fatalities among the 34 aircraft occupants. On April 19, 2000, Air Philippines Flight 541, a Boeing 737-200 crashed near Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao City, killing 131 people. On February 13, 2012, Airphil Express Flight 969, an Airbus A320-200 with 135 people on board, overshot the runway at Kalibo International Airport, Kalibo, Aklan. No injuries or aircraft damage occurred in the incident. On April 23, 2012: an Airphil Express flight to Tawi-Tawi from Zamboanga City was aborted as smoke emitted from the right turboprop engine of the plane. The plane was about to take off when pilots noticed the smoke prompting them to park and order around 50 passengers to disembark shortly after 7:00 in the morning

Thanks, Think I will be coming by boat now

S123
Posted
Posted
Accidents and incidentsOn June 24, 1996, an Air Philippines YS-11 aircraft struck a ground power unit while taxiing at Naga Airport (WNP). The aircraft caught fire. There were no fatalities among the 34 aircraft occupants. On April 19, 2000, Air Philippines Flight 541, a Boeing 737-200 crashed near Francisco Bangoy International Airport, Davao City, killing 131 people. On February 13, 2012, Airphil Express Flight 969, an Airbus A320-200 with 135 people on board, overshot the runway at Kalibo International Airport, Kalibo, Aklan. No injuries or aircraft damage occurred in the incident. On April 23, 2012: an Airphil Express flight to Tawi-Tawi from Zamboanga City was aborted as smoke emitted from the right turboprop engine of the plane. The plane was about to take off when pilots noticed the smoke prompting them to park and order around 50 passengers to disembark shortly after 7:00 in the morning

Thanks, Think I will be coming by boat now

Ok, hope you know how to swim......
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ...... and the buses fall off the mountain roads and the 10 wheelers crush cars and the motorcycles get run over by just about everything ..... and you get hit by just about everything when walking ........ so now you know why I sit on my big fat arse and don't move to go anywhere out side ........

THE SKY IS FALLING .... THE SKY IS FALLING ......... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: .... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
so now you know why I sit on my big fat arse and don't move to go anywhere out side ..

Buildings collapse too

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

Thought I would just put this seed in yer heads.... :unsure:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/PC-Exploding-Burned-Engineer,news-3755.html

RUN! FAR AWAY! AAAAAYYYYHHHH!!! :lol:

• Like 1