Wooden Curtain Poles

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

Hi all i'm looking for wooden curtain poles in the cavite area. I'm being quotes P2850 each. If I was in uk I would expect to pay half that amount.

Any suggestions for a retailer in the Cavite area?

Thanks Guys and Galls.

Chris

tiger31
Posted
Posted

wow thats like 43 quid each my friend imports his from china and sells them half that price .maybe a business opportunity there lol

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Bamboo makes pretty nice curtain poles and no where near that much ........ but I'm partial as I like things made from bamboo ..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi all i'm looking for wooden curtain poles in the cavite area. I'm being quotes P2850 each. If I was in uk I would expect to pay half that amount.

Any suggestions for a retailer in the Cavite area?

Thanks Guys and Galls.

Chris

When wooden curtain poles were unavailable here I used to make metal ones from a piece of galvanised pipe and weld decorative fence "ends" on them and then paint to suit, cheap as chips. there are all sorts of designs but something like this. terrysfabrics.co.uk/prod/curtain-poles/metal-curtain-poles/piazza-28mm-curtain-pole-chrome/

banyanman
Posted
Posted

I looked for wooden curtain poles all over Metro Manila last year and couldn't find them anywhere. Seems it's not a common practice here to use them (hollow metal tubes are what most places stock). I found the same problem with wooden mop or brush handles - seems that are non-existent in the Philippines.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

banyanman ..... if you think that is bad try finding a shovel ..... hoe or rake handle or better yet I have been 5 years trying to find various size of wooden dowels ..... all non-existent here in the Phils ........ I finely had to settle for wooden spoons and cut the handles off or push broom handles (found in Ace hardware) and take the broom head off and even johnny mop wooden handles (when you can find streight ones) ...... like the old saying "where there is a will there is a way .... :thumbsup: .....

I have seen wooden poles maybe for curtain rods in some hardware/lumber stores but the were about 1 1/2in. in dia. and VERY expensive here in Cebu ..... like p800 for 5ft. long pole ...... I didn't check on the price of the 8 footers or longer ..... I would have had to take out a loan ..... :hystery:

Edited by Mike S

• 4 weeks later...
Thomas
Posted
Posted

I looked for wooden curtain poles all over Metro Manila last year and couldn't find them anywhere. Seems it's not a common practice here to use them (hollow metal tubes are what most places stock). I found the same problem with wooden mop or brush handles - seems that are non-existent in the Philippines.

banyanman ..... if you think that is bad try finding a shovel ..... hoe or rake handle or better yet I have been 5 years trying to find various size of wooden dowels ..... all non-existent here in the Phils ........ I finely had to settle for wooden spoons and cut the handles off or push broom handles (found in Ace hardware) and take the broom head off and even johnny mop wooden handles (when you can find streight ones) ...... like the old saying "where there is a will there is a way .... :thumbsup: .....

I have seen wooden poles maybe for curtain rods in some hardware/lumber stores but the were about 1 1/2in. in dia. and VERY expensive here in Cebu ..... like p800 for 5ft. long pole ...... I didn't check on the price of the 8 footers or longer ..... I would have had to take out a loan ..... :hystery:

Perhaps termites have eaten them all :)

-

Don't they have such in lumber yards?

And then let a handyman make the ends. It isn't so hard if having the tools.

• Like 2