Not a bad deal, MNL - SEA round trip.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Not a bad deal, MNL - SEA round trip.

I just flew that route. I like that your baggage gets checked all the way through and that ANA uses the new Terminal 3 at NAIA.

On the United flights the flight attendants all looked like they were hired from the geriatric ward.

Then I stayed the first and last nights at the Remington Hotel which is only blocks away from terminal 3 and has a free shuttle to/from the airport. I was able to book it for <$100USD via agoda. New hotel with small rooms, but great for that first/last night when you just want a place close to the airport to spend the night.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On the United flights the flight attendants all looked like they were hired from the geriatric ward.

Got to ask these questions.

Did it make a difference to your trip?

Do we all get old one day?

Is visual appearance a deciding factor in travel?

Just asking 1%20(235).gif

earthdome
Posted
Posted

No, just an observation about how times change.

I miss the days when some airlines had hot young women in hot pants as stewardesses. Something to help keep your mind occupied on those long flights. ;) Then there was this one time... oh wait... I have to keep this family friendly. ;)

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I haven't flown United in a while so my opinion might be dated. I avoid them for some of these related reasons.

United has had many issues and cutbacks, resulting in many of the attendants being older, because they are survivors.

It is not just about the looks, it is about the attitude. A smile goes a long way, as well as an attitude that says "we are here for you" rather than "don't bother me". I have seen it too many times on United. I suspect that many are bitter about union / company issues and they really don't give a hoot about the customer.

Regarding looks, if the attitude and smile are there, they look good! However, the US airlines are no longer able impose any physical requirements on the attendants so many of them, especially older ones, are so wide that they are bumping the customers as they pass through the aisles!

Delta used to have a lot of this too but the last few times I have flown them domestically it has seemed to be much better. I'm hoping my Delta flight next week will be good!

• Like 1