Smartbro Messing With My Head & Blog

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a blog I have been trying to upload images and I have been able to do it in the past. It is hosted on hostgator and I have been online to them to verify it is not them. What happens is if I try to upload images I get error messages like:

"Failure to connect to web server"

I have been looking into it and from what I see SMART have purposely put limits on my prepay account so each time I want to upload an image I get limitations, tiny images will upload.

This is when I find living here can get to your head, at least in Aussie you could eventually get them to fix it even if they are useless as well with IT support. Over here it would be a complete waste of time calling them and complaining as you know they wouldn't even understand what I was talking about ggrrr...

Edited by Adventurer

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

That has got to be frustrating to be sure...and with no avenue to pursue to get it straighten out with SMART...and limited work-arounds I am guessing as well... Best of Luck getting it sorted out ~~

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have been looking into it and from what I see SMART have purposely put limits on my prepay account so each time I want to upload an image I get limitations, tiny images will upload.

Probably says in the fine print of terms and conditions about uploading. I guess use an internet cafe to solve the problem :541:

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

My friend uses a smart dongle to access th internet and she was merrily uploading her photos to facebook without any issues. Many of these were over 2mb is size. That was in May this year so I can't say if their policy has changed or they are have allowances for facebook?

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was also able to upload higher res images too before but I do remember this happening before. I'm wondering if they black list a sim if the customer has used to much bandwith? I might try a new sim and see what happens....

as for the Internet cafe idea, the probelm is I need to work on my blog daily and upload images so that is no good.

Edited by Adventurer

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you are using a 3G stick, weak signal and traffic is busy, you will get that after a length of time. I'm using a 3G smartphone here in Canada and I can tell you the hours that this will happen for certain locations. All you can do is call SmartBro and ask them to boost your signal at the antennae (simple procedure) closest to your home OR upgrade to an LTE stick. Bandwidth throttling can do the same thing but I can't find anywhere for SmartBro saying they will throttle - and probably won't unless maybe you are on an unlimited plan rather than a pay-per-usage plan?

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the ideas Bob, I will try it when I'm back in the city and see if it the location.

I was thinking of signing up to their 999 peso per month 6 month contract plan but I'm worried that if they mess with my connection I'm locked in. At least with Prepay you can change sims if the limit you. I also run a wi fi netowk on my prepay to my fiancee's netbook and our cell phones which I would hate to lose if we change to a plan but I doubt it would change but stranger things have happend.