15 000 Usd To Get Electric Connected???!!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

According to this

http://www.doingbusiness.org/Custom-Query/philippines

getting the electric connected cost 762 % of 2050 USD = around 15 620 USD!!!

Meaning in general, just for commersial buildings or what???

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The fee depends on how far your home is located from the electrical pole. We had faced a similar problem at our family farm. It was cheaper for us to purchase a diesel generator. For a future project, it will be solar and wind with battery storage. Much cheaper than paying the power company for a line to the farmhouse.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

According to this

http://www.doingbusi...ery/philippines

Very Unusual site, :unsure: never had encoutered this one, What has the Merlcro or Cebu power sites said?

was unware that this "site" spoke for all or even part of the RP ,

again thanks for the info it has given me a new outlook at what other sites that has good,various info that I or others can use

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

As a clarification, there are no fees in most urban areas because the home is near an electrical pole. The utility company provides the wire to the home. If you build a home in a rural area and the residence is 100 or 200 meters from the pole located on the main road, then the utility will charge you for the connection. How much? It's a monopoly. If you are a foreigner, the suggestion is to send someone who is more knowledgeable such as the contractor.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

According to this

http://www.doingbusi...ery/philippines

Very Unusual site, :unsure: never had encoutered this one, What has the Merlcro or Cebu power sites said?

was unware that this "site" spoke for all or even part of the RP ,

again thanks for the info it has given me a new outlook at what other sites that has good,various info that I or others can use

It's from a site where they compare how hard and expensive it is to do things in different countries. I didn't check all in that website, but I believe it's mainly to business men.

As a clarification, there are no fees in most urban areas because the home is near an electrical pole. The utility company provides the wire to the home. If you build a home in a rural area and the residence is 100 or 200 meters from the pole located on the main road, then the utility will charge you for the connection. How much? It's a monopoly. If you are a foreigner, the suggestion is to send someone who is more knowledgeable such as the contractor.

Yes, I suppose I better try that, but I plan to have the house in my name trying to reduce risk losing it . I thought geting a double family name adding my wifes when marry, so if only look at paper I can perhaps fool someone I'm Filipino :)

(Yes, rural. Probably I will aim at building my house around 300 meters from a barangay road with electric poles.)

Any rules against extending the cable by a hired electrician, if the electric company has connected to something I have build close to the pole? :)

(Perhaps I will build a house for a guard to live where my road connect to the public, to guard both my production and my living house.)