50,000 Reacquire Philippine Citizenship

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This is a bit confusing for me, it says that Act 63, declares that former natural-born Filipino citizens who acquired foreign citizenship through naturalization are deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship. Then it goes on to say They can reacquire or retain their Philippine citizenship by taking the oath of allegiance to the Republic of the Philippines.I wonder which is correct? Does someone who never gave up their Philippine citizenship and maintains a Philippine passport, need to take the oath?? because if they never lost their citizenship, why would they need to take an oath? 50,000 reacquire Philippine citizenship http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...ine-citizenship

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"why would they need to take an oath?"How many peso

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You got the answer old55 .......... Lee .. don't worry about it just take the oath ... you know no one is going to be able to make sense of it ..... hahahahaha

TheMason
Posted
Posted
This is a bit confusing for me, it says that Act 63, declares that former natural-born Filipino citizens who acquired foreign citizenship through naturalization are deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship. Then it goes on to say They can reacquire or retain their Philippine citizenship by taking the oath of allegiance to the Republic of the Philippines.I wonder which is correct? Does someone who never gave up their Philippine citizenship and maintains a Philippine passport, need to take the oath?? because if they never lost their citizenship, why would they need to take an oath? 50,000 reacquire Philippine citizenship http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...ine-citizenship
In the past, Filipinos who acquired foreign citizenship were deemed to have given up their Filipino citizenship. Act 63 basically says those people didn't lose their citizenship after all. It grants them citizenship retroactively, provided they take the oath. My understanding is that taking the oath is administered for free and can be done at any Philippines embassy or consulate throughout the world. There may be passport application or other similar fees, but I don't think they charge for the oath itself.If someone maintained their passport and citizenship all along, I don't think Act 63 applies to them.