Cebu Pacific Online Reservation

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just finished making a Cebu Pacific Air online reservation for Iloilo City. It was a very interesting experience. First thing is all their cheap seats are sold out. Maybe they offer a limited inventory say.....four or six seats per flight? Next, they pester you to pre-pay for baggage. I declined. The computer asked me several times to confirm. This is an overnight trip requiring a change of clothes, a comb, toothbrush and toothpaste. I think my carry-on will weigh under 7 kilos, unless their scales are rigged. Maybe I will purchase a newspaper as wrapper instead of using a bag. The computer informed me that carry-on bags are not permitted.

Taxes & fees, terminal fee, aviation security fee, value added tax, etc. were easy to understand. As a tourist, I believe the tax is reduced, but there is no way to make the adjustment online. Then a P200 Web Administrative Fee was added? This was followed by a P200 Seat Reservation Fee. I declined other items like flight insurance. The final insult was the foreign exchange computation at PHP 39 to USD 1. My credit card company will probably charge an additional 3% service.

What's your experience? Is Philippine Airlines online easier?

Edited by JJR
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The checked baggage prepay will save you, it's not just an advertising gimmick. Of course, there's a reason they're doing it and it's not to save you money. You can deselect the seat reservation and save the p100 if you want. Phil Air has an "all-in fare price" policy but the charges are basically the same, just different marketing strategy. For me there's no real advantage of one over the other.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just finished making a Cebu Pacific Air online reservation for Iloilo City. It was a very interesting experience. First thing is all their cheap seats are sold out. Maybe they offer a limited inventory say.....four or six seats per flight? Next, they pester you to pre-pay for baggage. I declined. The computer asked me several times to confirm. This is an overnight trip requiring a change of clothes, a comb, toothbrush and toothpaste. I think my carry-on will weigh under 7 kilos, unless their scales are rigged. Maybe I will purchase a newspaper as wrapper instead of using a bag. The computer informed me that carry-on bags are not permitted.

Taxes & fees, terminal fee, aviation security fee, value added tax, etc. were easy to understand. As a tourist, I believe the tax is reduced, but there is no way to make the adjustment online. Then a P200 Web Administrative Fee was added? This was followed by a P200 Seat Reservation Fee. I declined other items like flight insurance. The final insult was the foreign exchange computation at PHP 39 to USD 1. My credit card company will probably charge an additional 3% service.

A little known trick is to NOT check the box to convert into pesos. They get 1-2 pesos off the exchange fee. Good scam. Leave it unchecked. The bank converts it to pesos automatically upon the transaction process. Most unsuspecting foreigners check it and give the airline an extra Kano Tax. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A little known trick is to NOT check the box to convert into pesos. They get 1-2 pesos off the exchange fee. Good scam. Leave it unchecked. The bank converts it to pesos automatically upon the transaction process. Most unsuspecting foreigners check it and give the airline an extra Kano Tax.

The last time I booked with them I paid by CC and let my bank do the exchange of currency. I got the same rate as on the internet from my bank.
  • Like 2