Shangri La All Booked For November?

bows00
Posted
Posted

Wow, I tried to book a room at the Shangri La and Imperial Palace in November and no rooms were available. When I think about it, I would'nt want spend my vacation in a resort that is too busy and overcrowded, so I think this is a blessing in disguise. However, I ended up booking 2 days at the Plantation Bay... does anyone have any feed back of this resort?

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I think you are onto something - no or limited reservations means lots of guests and crowding as you mentioned is sure to be an issue. It looks to me your choice of heading to Plantation Bay is a good one based on their website.

Have fun ~ Cheers!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Plantation Bay is nice; we visited there several times from the late 1990’s to 2008? It’s not nearly the same level as Shangri La or Imperial Palace. The last time we stayed there it had become somewhat run down but the staff and service was still world class.

samatm
Posted
Posted

PB is nice for 2 days. wouldn't want to stay longer. the lagoons that go up to your suite is a nice touch . Restos are top quality. Wanna get out of the resort ... take a taxi to Maribago Grill for a very nice garden bbq dinner.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

How clean is that lagoon? Could I jump in and swim some laps around it? Or is it gross, and dirty (by American standards?)

samatm
Posted
Posted

How clean is that lagoon? Could I jump in and swim some laps around it? Or is it gross, and dirty (by American standards?)

PB is a 4 star resort. the lagoon is very swimmable . you would enjoy the village. but for me a week or 3 days would be too long. The actual beach is small and adjacent to a locals priced beach which is run down. (you cant see it from pb though -) They have good services to take you out island hopping, snorkeling.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My wife and I visited several of the luxury resorts in Mactan. We asked the Front Desk to show us a superior room at Shangri-La Mactan. Very nice. At the time of our visit, the majority of the guests at the various resort hotels were from Korea. The beach frontage was not impressive. One possible reason is we are from Hawaii. Another is because we have seen other much nicer, but more remote beaches in the Philippines.