Safer Future?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I was watching BBC news an hour ago and the main story was something about a deal with the, ...OK wait, here is an article on it, it was world wide news but I have not seen much on local forums strangely http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/10/07/12/international-community-lauds-ph-milf-deal

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

They have been in negoations for some time,i don't think it will end all violence, there are offshoot branches who don't care about peace, you also have the NPA who are a bigger threat to peace, and they are all over the Philippines,unlike the MILF.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well if you like MILF's that is good news. I prefer younger women... oh... wrong MILF.... never mind. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

yeah I can see it's not so big news now after reading about similar things have happened in the past and all the smaller branches that don't have anything to do with the MILF. When it was the top story on BBC and CNN I thought at first it was some new big thing just announced.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

yeah I can see it's not so big news now after reading about similar things have happened in the past and all the smaller branches that don't have anything to do with the MILF. When it was the top story on BBC and CNN I thought at first it was some new big thing just announced.

It is a big thing, it means a new state is being formed and governed by one section of the community. Bit like say dividing up NSW into two and one half is governed and ran by a special group and the other remains as part of Australia. If it brings an end to a very long conflict then good but there are still many other groups fighting the government and the people.

• Like 2

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

This is a big deal .. if it works. The only way to end the conflict is give the Moros their own state and a piece of the economic pie. The devil is in the details, as they say. What land will be included in Bangsamoro, how much power will the state have, will a plebiscite pass, and will the conservative elements in the Phils sabotage this agreement like they did the last one?

The big dispute is land ownership. Christian groups have driven the Muslims out over the past 50 years, which is the source of the conflict to begin with. How will these claims be settled? But so far so good. I give the Aquino admin a lot of credit for pulling this off.

• Like 1