Transformers

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Where do I find 220 v > 110 volt transformers in Phils? I was going to buy some and BB box them this week, but the weight is so heavy I think I will take my chances with buying a few over there. I didn't see anyone mention where to buy them.

luke
Posted
Posted

I think most hardware stores sell STEP DOWN transformers.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Best place to buy them is in a hardware store in the Philippines. This way you know that they will be set for the power requirements there. I heard of someone using one from Europe and frying their TV.

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Just make sure its Amperage is adequate to accommodate the device(s) you are going to hook it to. It's not just 220 v->110 v.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If you are going to use it for electronic equipment I would ensure you purchased one that not only stepped down the voltage but included power conditioning.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If you are going to use it for electronic equipment I would ensure you purchased one that not only stepped down the voltage but included power conditioning.

Yes, those are the ones I was looking at here in the US and the power conditioning feature does not add much to the cost, so I was thinking of getting them even if not used for electronics.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

All kinds every where here in hardware, and tool shops, less cost than in USA

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

All kinds every where here in hardware, and tool shops, less cost than in USA

Ok, great! The reason I wondered is because here in the US they are hard to find. I only found them online at a few places.

I left several of these in Germany when I came home! Never thought I would need them! :bash:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted

I picked up one of these up at ACE Hardware recently.... They had MANY choices. I just needed a little one; 50 watt was around 350 pesos ($8.50 USD tax included). No conditioning on mine.

• Like 2