Lbc ?????

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

Just tried to send a letter via lbc but it was banned because it contained a cheque, wtf ?, even for the Philippines it seems ridiculous.....

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just tried to send a letter via lbc but it was banned because it contained a cheque, wtf ?, even for the Philippines it seems ridiculous.....

What was the reason given? above a certain amount in value perhaps?

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My understanding is LBC lost their foreign exchange license with the Bangko Sentral. They were caught accepting dollars from the remitters in foreign countries and paying the beneficiaries in the Philippines in pesos. The dollars never made it to the Philippines.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Probably because they also have a money sending service ..... they do the same thing if you put pesos in anything you try to send ..... I can understand the money but a check is a little bit overboard ...... but I have heard not to recently that even the money couriers are getting leery about delivering money because anyone will sign the receipt but they are not the intended party ..... if there is a buck to be made or stolen someone will figure out a way to do it .... anywhere in the world ... :mocking: ....... I made a post sometime back about my dealings with LBC and the fact they wouldn't take 3 cheap watches and a cell phone together but wanted them all shipped separately ...... hey ... their business ... their rules ..... but I don't have to use them and I don't ..... :hystery: :hystery: ....... :cheersty:

• Like 2

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

The cheque was only £400, it was sent to me by snail mail from uk coz they have my address as here, obviously i can't pay it in here as it's drawn on a UK account, i guess i'll wipe my @ss with it, hehe.

• Like 1