Live Pig To Roast In Cebu???

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Just curious if anyone has a good source? In Cebu City. We have a celebration and house blessing coming soon. :cheersty:

The family here has found a small pig good for roasting at 3000 pesos. Weight? NOT a clue.

I see AyosDito has one listed for 125 php/kilo for 30-40 kilo pig. That is 3750 for 30 kilo.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Live Pig To Roast In Cebu??? :omg:

they found Jimmy? has he made a new video? :thats-funny:

(excuse the above post, I had thought it was about Jimmy)

here is laguna , that seems about right,depending on the season

also depending on how healthy the stock is(was). Good luck or Happy Roasting

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree. 3000 for a small pig is great, especially if that is already cooked and delivered. Even if that is live weight I would say its good . . and small.

I used to buy from a guy on National Hwy in Liloan but his price was similar 2 or 3 years ago so it will be no better than that. You also have to watch for the pig swap if you are getting 'them' to cook it for you. You buy one pig but the cooked one they deliver is a different and smaller pig. Not sure how to avoid that but an ear tag sounds like a plan.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

I agree. 3000 for a small pig is great, especially if that is already cooked and delivered. Even if that is live weight I would say its good . . and small.

I used to buy from a guy on National Hwy in Liloan but his price was similar 2 or 3 years ago so it will be no better than that. You also have to watch for the pig swap if you are getting 'them' to cook it for you. You buy one pig but the cooked one they deliver is a different and smaller pig. Not sure how to avoid that but an ear tag sounds like a plan.

Pig swap? Cut off part of an ear in a zig zag fashion and keep it.......see if it matches when they deliver

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I was talking 3000 live and kicking. I believe they want 4000 for roasted and delivered same pig. The family here is going to do some ceremonial thing with the fresh blood when they kill it (smear it on the house walls for good luck :10001: or something like that) and OF COURSE they are all looking forward to having all those REALLY FRESH internal organs that I'm not big on consuming.

Thanks for the input! I've done a little other research and I'm comfortable that they are getting a pretty good deal for what they want so I CAN KEEP OUT OF the REST OF THE PROCESS :36_1_68[1]: until it is time to EAT AND CELEBRATE. :cheersty: :7_4_17[1]:

• Like 4

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

*Note To Self #2 - If they offer to put a tag in your ear...be ever so careful...do not fall asleep*

• Like 5

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

*Note To Self #2 - If they offer to put a tag in your ear...be ever so careful...do not fall asleep*

tsk, tsk, tsk ................ youre soooooooooo bad ...............

:hystery:

• Like 1