Stopping Smartbuddy Text Spam?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Smart have been sending me out a lot of text's lately for promos. I hardly use my phone as my fiancee makes most of our calls or texting on her phone. I would like to be able to stop them from textiing me at all hours, sometimes early in the morning which is very annoying?

ironmaiden
Posted
Posted

You'll have to visit a smart center and ask them to take you of their list, I did it a couple of years ago and it worked. Sometimes you can also send STOP to the number where you got the annoying text from, but then the next day you get the same sh&t from another number... So better visit them, next time you go to SM for example.

• Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I was getting SMS spam like "20 pesos to get daily bible verse quotes." almost every day during my recent visit while using SMART SIMM.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Globe is no better .... I have both Smart and Globe on my cell and each time I reload I will start getting those damn annoying texts from both of them ...... PIA

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Yeah I think a visit next time I'm near a mall in the city would be the best idea. i know I would waste money and time trying to find their number and call them,,,

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Sounds good!

I just find it a little ironic they send you a text message to say you won't get any more text messages...

:mocking:

• Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

This was from someone's blog so you can search google for it if you like but we don't link to blogs and you will need to verify the information yourself but it seems that this fellow has a good step by step procedure:

1. On your Smart cellphone, call *888 (asterisk 888). It is free of charge.

2. Press 0 (zero) to talk to a Customer Service Representative. Be patient because this will take 2-3 minutes.

3. When a CSR answers your call, make a request that the text alerts be stopped from being sent to your cellphone because you are annoyed or simply, you don't like it. (The freedom of choice is a basic right.)

4. CSR will ask your cellphone number, your location, as well as the numbers sending you the text alerts and how frequent the text alerts are sent in a day. Just simply reply with the details and the frequency as "many".

5. Afterwhich, the CSR will request to put you on hold for 2-3 minutes while making a report.

6. Then the CSR will give you a "report number". Take note of that number, which is composed of 9 digits. It will serve as your reference number when making a follow-up request just in case the text alerts will still be sent to your cellphone.

After about 8-10 hours, you will receive from 'CustCare' a text message as follows: "Your request for SMART SMS broadcast exclusion has already been processed. Thank you". The day after, you will observe that text alerts are sent no more to your cellphone.

The question is, is this easier than taking a detour into their office when I'm conviently in the mall next to the smart office in the future? The texts stopped for now but for how long,do I gamble on waiting to I'm in the city and mall or risk being put on hold etc... ?

• 9 months later...
CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

If you have a Smartphone = go to Google play store + search for SMS call blocker.

I use Kaspersky Mobile Security Lite = Free app.

I copy and paste the phone number that irritate me - click call & SMS Filter - Black list - Add - then copy paste the number.

Done in 5 seconds.

• Like 3

Julia
Posted
Posted

Sounds good!

I just find it a little ironic they send you a text message to say you won't get any more text messages...

:mocking:

:mocking: :mocking: :mocking: