Look For Artisan Bread?

brood20
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Here is an invitation for bread lovers.

I am an consultant for bread (volunteer) from Holland.

See the invitation!

Christiaan de Witt

post-2656-0-12663900-1350117728_thumb.jp

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I assume this is a free event ?

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

it would be real nice to know where this is going to be held. If it is in Cebu, we will be there.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

it would be real nice to know where this is going to be held. If it is in Cebu, we will be there.

How many Rustan's in Cebu?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

For those who may not know, Rustans is in Ayala Mall on the lower level. You cannot enter it from the outside at this time due to ongoing construction so you must enter the mall, go to the central staircase, and go down to the second from the bottom level.

Rustans is open at 9 am and the mall opens at 10 so you need to tell the guard you want in early to go to Rustans. I was a little miffed at them last visit because they did not honor the price marked on the shelf when there was a price increase at the cash register. I told the clerk: What is the use of all the prices on the shelves if they are all lies? His reply was a surly: Sorry Sir.

They still have items that are hard to find anywhere else so if I was in Cebu I would likely attend this bread event and do a little shopping at the same time. You can click on the pic in the opening post to see the dates of the event.

Good luck to the opener. One of the most common questions here involves where to find good bread.

EDIT: I see the pic in the opener says: In collaboration with Rustans. I took this to mean the event was at Rustans but it would sure be nice to see clarification.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I was a little miffed at them last visit because they did not honor the price marked on the shelf when there was a price increase at the cash register.

It's illegal according to RA 7394. From the DTI (Dept of Trade & Industry) regulations:

1. When the consumer pays in cash, he shall pay only the price indicated in the price tag.

2. When the consumer pays through a credit/ATM/debit card, he shall pay only the price indicated in

the price tag.

Bottom PDF - http://dtincr.ph/law_policies.php

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It's illegal according to RA 7394. From the DTI (Dept of Trade & Industry) regulations:

That is probably true but how do I enforce that? When I went to the clerk to say I want the lower price he quickly tore the old tag off the shelf and stuck it in his pocket. There goes any proof. I figured he had screwed up and was in danger of losing his job if I went to the management so I just did not buy the item.

• Like 1

brood20
Posted
Posted

Yes the event is free and this will be held at Kate's Ovenfresh, Rustan''s Ayala, Cebu. We will be introducing artisan breads (sourdough, bagels, New york deli rye, Italian bread, focaccia,

Poolish baguettes and country french bread)

• Like 3

brood20
Posted
Posted

Kate's is owned and operated by Baker Bob and Kates Bakery Products, Inc., a leadeing "In- store bakery" in Cebu

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Sounds great, I will for sure be there.