Tent Camping Anyone?

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife, daughter and I plan to camp out at Estaca Beach near Compostela on Xmas eve and we are hoping to get up a group of ex-pats to join us.

They are open 24/7 and will provide round the clock guards at the entrance and on the beach and for only P110.00 per tent for up to 24 hours.

A 4 man tent can be had at Ace Hardware in Consolacion SM for P999.00-P2,400.00 depending on how much you are willing to spend, I bought the cheapy and it seems to be as good as the expensive Coleman they offer.

They have a whole line of camping equipment and at good prices.

I also bought a tabletop BBQ grill for only P259.00 and we are going to use a cheap foam mattress instead of the thin, cheap sleeping bags and mats offered there.

I have not checked to see if we have avoided the fireworks, but will ask sometime this week.

Edited by Brucewayne
  • Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am not over there yet... but I am glad to see the prices for tents. Now I know I don't need to bother shipping mine :)

• Like 1

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I am not over there yet... but I am glad to see the prices for tents. Now I know I don't need to bother shipping mine :)

Last year I couldn't find one for less than P3,000

Some things actually come down if nobody buys them.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
but I am glad to see the prices for tents

By the time you are ready to buy one, I predict there will be no stock. If you have something you are happy with, and if you can bring it without too much headache, then do it.

I have been looking for a certain child's wading pool and a certain lawnmower for a year now. I say that because I had those particular items all picked out to buy when my paycheque came. Both were sold by that time and the stock was never replaced. When you live here you need to throw away everything you ever learned about impulse buying. When you see something you want at a fair price then buy it quick. You may never see it again.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

we don't have have a good outlet in Dumaguete for camping equipment, Bacalod seems the nearest, However, I did find this link, for what seems, outlets, for camping things. In and around the Cebu area

Hope it will be of use to those interested

http://www.u121.com/...try=Philippines

:tiphat:

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Stakili is a cool resort but sleeping on the beach may not be what you expect because there are around 15 kareoke machines in little nipa huts that blast music until the wee hours of the morning but it is a cool beach with sand and no rocks so the swimming is excellent . Rooms are around 1100 to 1500 and are alright TV aircon hotwater and away from the beach so not so loud . A nice pool as well . X-mas eve may be ok maybe no kareoke but I would ask .

• Like 2