Cremation Or Burial And Where To Be Buried?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Cremation or burial and where to be buried?I told my wife that no matter where I die, that I want to be cremated and that I would like my remains spread in the ocean, so that she can visit me (if she wanted to) no matter where in the world she is. I wonder if others who live in the Philippines or who live in more then one place like we do, have considered this and have any thoughts on the subject? Have any of you worked out the details of this and are there any laws here in PI that need to be followed to make sure our wishes happen?The other side of the coin is, has anyone worked it out with their Filipina wives that live on other countries, what their wives and wives families might want?

• Like 1

Jerry
Posted
Posted

Doesnt matter to me as I,m done with the body then, I did have one request, Do not plant me with no tie or suit cause if you do I will come back and haunt you dear SugarwareZ-024.gif , This way I know she will never put one of those things on me. :th_thholysheep:

Hoz
Posted
Posted

"Get rid of the Dead, they stink up the joint". Coughlin's LawI'm to be cremated and my ashes spread on a certain mountain pass in Wyoming. May have to modify that if i die in the Philippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Cremation or burial and where to be buried?I told my wife that no matter where I die, that I want to be cremated and that I would like my remains spread in the ocean, so that she can visit me (if she wanted to) no matter where in the world she is. I wonder if others who live in the Philippines or who live in more then one place like we do, have considered this and have any thoughts on the subject? Have any of you worked out the details of this and are there any laws here in PI that need to be followed to make sure our wishes happen?The other side of the coin is, has anyone worked it out with their Filipina wives that live on other countries, what their wives and wives families might want?
I think we discussed something similar here before but anyway if I bring the subject up with my wife its fingers in her ear and she does not want to talk about it.Personally I don't care what happens to me when I'm gone but I guess there is a few things to consider like family members on both sides. I would think my family in Australia would want me buried back in my home town where the rest of my family live. The silly part about it is that I have not lived there for 9 years or so.Anyway if I drop dead tomorrow I wont have to worry. :SugarwareZ-037:

daisy
Posted
Posted

As for us, I will be buried like a typical Filipino burial and my husband, cremation. In fact we have our plan ready for that!!! A good topic because nothing on earth is certain except death. :th_goodidea:

Mik
Posted
Posted

They can plant me back in Oregon where my ancestors are buried.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I already told Julie to prop me up on one of the benches in the Ayala mall where I can look like all the other sour faced foreigners ignoring everyone else one sees there ...... other than when I begin to stink no one will ever notice ........ hahahahaha Seriously ....... right across the road from Julie's parents house is a cemetery and she wants to put me there .... as I will be dead I don't really care ..... just hope they will allow me to be towed behind the ferry to Bacolod ......

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

You know the sad thing about this topic is not the dying but the fact that a lot of people do not seem to take it serious and the poor Filipina gf or wife will be left trying to figure out what to do with her new ton of dead weight.and the other side of this is that most Filipinos do not like to talk about death, so their counter parts do not know what she and her family might like them to do with their body if they happen to pass before you do.Sorry all but this is quite a serious topic and I hope you take the time to discuss this with your partners.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Hey what do you mean a ton? It seems like they think if you talk about it you are wishing it to happen. Instead of planning for the future.

retired
Posted
Posted
Hey what do you mean a ton? It seems like they think if you talk about it you are wishing it to happen. Instead of planning for the future.
This does tend to be an area that many Filipinos are uncomfortable dealing with but one that needs to be discussed . I researched the idea of Cremation because here in Cagayan De Oro there are no creamatoriums (sp) the nearest being in Cebu . But that's ok as Cebu is one of our favourite places though i would rather visit a few times before the final arrival . SugarwareZ-005.gif