Back Up Plan For Young Children Living In Philippines

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I feel sorry for the future baby coming into the world with the mom and paw both in jail for life if convicted what a start to ones life

.when things like this happen there are lots of other victims too the extended families also often get forgot about very sad.

altho this is wayyy off topic (and may need to be placed in a proper area)

have you(the fathers of children )made arrangements for your child(ren) in the rare event that something could occur to you?

would you want your child to live here ?? or go back to your home country?

both has pros/cons on this issue?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It’s the prime responsibility of a father to provide for his wife and children in all regards including after his death. This is even more important because many of us are of a certain age already. :unsure:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn ..... what a thought ...... if I have a little Mikey I'm gonna smack my doctor right between the eyes ..... :hystery: :hystery: ....... sorry P-a-S ..... I'm making lite of a serious question .....

If I did have children here I would want them be raised here because they would have hopefully grown up at least partially in the Phils ........ never having been back to my home country it would be a disaster trying to get them there for one thing plus having to get a visa for the asawa and kids would be nay impossible with you gone ..... I guess you could make arrangements before hand ...... I just think they would be better cared for by my asawa and her family here ...... but then my asawas family is great ..... IMHO ...... :cheersty:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

With all of the faults here I would still want my daughter to stay.Maybe when she is older she can go to the UK and study if she stays with my sister. I don`t like the way the UK is going at the moment but the education is better than here.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I haven't checked proper, but if I have understood corect (if register them in my home country (=Sweden) as wife and children) :

/underaged children will get percentage of my retirement pay if I die until they become 18 years old. In believe it was 35% if one child, 25% each if more.

(/I believe widows/widowers get some pay ONE year from the Swedish government, to get chance to adjust living situation e g selling house if can't afford it alone .)

Plus I hope we have managed to make a profitable business in the Philippines then. Preparing my wife so she at least can handle it OK until selling if I die suddenly. Or write a manual but don't let her get it when I'm still alive, if I want to keep being needed :)

(I aim at working, part time to a rather high age, enough to keep things function, until at least one of the children reach high school age, to know if any of them want to take over the business. But I believe my future wife would like to handle it. If no one in family want it, then selling it when I retire.)

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Very interesting topic and one to which I have given a great deal of thought. I have three older

children, all American, which of course this topic will not apply to. I also have a four year old

Fil-Am son who is a dual citizen and since I am 69 years old I often wonder where would be best

for him to reside. Conditions in both countries are so fluid that it is difficult to make a reasoned

decision. He has spent a great deal of time in the Philippines and is happy there, but as sonjack

mentioned, he MIGHT be able to get a better education here in the U.S. especially at the secondary

level. However, I think I would prefer him to be educated in the Philippines thru high school

primarily because I think the discipline, morals and family values are far better than here in the U.S.

I am happy that he and his Mother are dual citizens and therefore will have the choice of which is

best for them at any particular time and I would urge others to avail themselves of this option if at

all possible.

I guess in the final analysis, It will be up to my wife once I am gone. I'm sure she will follow my wishes

if possible. As old55 said it is the prime responsibility of the husband to provide for for his family and I

might add especially if the children are minors. I have done all I can to provide for them financially and

will trust in my wife to carry on and do what's best for her and our young son.

I might also say that it is important for us older Dads and husbands to do all we can to lead a healthy

lifestyle so as to be around as long as possible.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mike, wow you brought up a good point that eating right and keeping is shape is another important factor. Jake, feel free to jump in on this! ;^)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Mike, wow you brought up a good point that eating right and keeping is shape is another important factor. Jake, feel free to jump in on this! ;^)

I jump in, if it's OK :)

/Smoking. Avoid passive smoking too.

/Alcohol. SMALL amounts as half glas wine per days, says some scientists. (But some others say same other good parts can be got from other products without alcohol.)

/Drugs. Try avoid.

/Pullotion. Now I have forgot the numbers, but it kills rather many in countries, which put much money on cleaning too.

/Avoid stress. (The bad type. Some thrilling type is good.)

/Have good genes :)

/Exersise. Although a new research says it's better to exersise SOFT OFTEN, than exersise hard!

/Food. Healthy. (I became vegetarian, because I read then it's less need of sleep, because the body get less tired by needing to clean up less junk. So even IF I wouldn't become any older, I get some extra "years" to do funny/interesting things anyway :)

Science change their mind now and then about some things, e g a while they said eggs were unhealthy, but now they say they have GOOD colesterol.

Eat good bacterias as e g youghurt to give less space left to the evil ones :)

/Exersising brain and do enough interesting/fun things delay aging. =Avoid become "boored to death". No point live long if have a booring life anyway :)

/Tests with monkeys show it can be a "youth drug" to have a young partner :hystery:

(E g my grandfather was born 1890. He followed developing very good

"thought young" counted himself and acted as he was 25-30 years younger than he was,

did eat 2 eggs per day,

started drinking a half glass of red wine per day around when he was 70 when he read it was good

danced, walked much in forest, even run to the bus if needed when he was 85 still,

worked until he was 90 even over full time during high season

and grandmother was much younger than him :)

Result: He took care of himself at home (except a bit cleaning) until he was 92. After he got hit by a car, he couldn't exersise so he lost his very good stamina. Then he became senile, couldn't go on living as he want, got boored and died when he was 95.)

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I feel sorry for the future baby coming into the world with the mom and paw both in jail for life

I started this topic as a man was "killed" and his wife is now preg (w/another mans child or so reported)

yes most of us have some sort of plan,

BUT if we was a VICTIM OF A CRIME,(yes rare yet it does occur)....

would we want our child(ren) to stay here? knowing the hardships that they would might suffer.

i know that this country HAS NO SAFETY NET for the "underprivlege" and the child(ren)being outsiders of sort

they would be lower on the "support" system.

yes some of us has made plans for when the end comes

BUT what(yes its a what if situation*) our end comes to a quick NON-natural end.

what would we like for our child(ren) to stay?be raised at?

do we want them to stay w/the same people who may know or be a part of a our demise?

is this off topic, I dont feel it is, as over the years I have read of some pretty strange & weird (fill in the blank)

on this Forum,

* we have dicussed insurance, tickets-throw away, housing,dealing w/our extended family etc etc...........

BUT nothing so far regarding our children and planning for their upcoming lives.

i have spoken .now back to the roof-top awaiting evac , :508: