Typographical Maps

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Are there typographical maps for sale showing provinces? I mean similar to them used for navigation when moving in nature. Detailed enough to show all (living) houses (which were there when the map was drawn :)

I would need one showing some parts of Bohol. (Not Tagbilaran or Panglao. Faster to check on map where there can be nice places, calm enough for me, to build a house, faster to find perhaps possible places at map than go everywhere :)

If there are such maps for sale - Where at Bohol or in Cebu city?

(In some provinces are Goggle maps - satelite combined with Map-terrain rather good, but for the region I need is Google- satelite not detailed enough and it's problem to have Internet access when moving to look there anyway.)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think you are just spelling it wrong in your search, a 'typo' if you will.

Try this site and see if its what you want:

http://www.ppdobohol.lgu.ph/maps/thematic-maps/topographic-map/

• Like 2

luke
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe this helps if you want it on larger (A2?) format.

There is an sales office in Cebu:

http://www.namria.gov.ph/msos.aspx

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

The maps you will likely find in use today may not be suitable for your purposes. There are surveys done in specific areas (perhaps Bohol) but these are not likely to include the kind of detail you want. A lot of the maps that exist were created many years ago and based upon general surveying, not the google earth sort of view you want.

In fact, google earth may be more useful. I was quite stunned to find my own home showing in a clear view. However, what the same view showed, missed many of the less visible structures. My house has the land cleared around the perimeter and shows up clearly. The closer houses do not show up well at all.

Maps used in my area are so out of date that many of the rivers/streams have long since moved by their own erosion. The maps will show the bridges that were built over these rivers, but does not show the various meanderings the river has take over the decades.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think you are just spelling it wrong in your search, a 'typo' if you will.

Try this site and see if its what you want:

http://www.ppdobohol...opographic-map/

Thank you. That's not detailed enough to what I want,

but it added more information than google show for the wanted provinses. (barangars, barangar roads, rivers.).

Maybe this helps if you want it on larger (A2?) format.

There is an sales office in Cebu:

http://www.namria.gov.ph/msos.aspx

Thank you. I hope they have detailed enough maps for the parts I want.

The maps you will likely find in use today may not be suitable for your purposes. There are surveys done in specific areas (perhaps Bohol) but these are not likely to include the kind of detail you want. A lot of the maps that exist were created many years ago and based upon general surveying, not the google earth sort of view you want.

In fact, google earth may be more useful. I was quite stunned to find my own home showing in a clear view. However, what the same view showed, missed many of the less visible structures. My house has the land cleared around the perimeter and shows up clearly. The closer houses do not show up well at all.

Maps used in my area are so out of date that many of the rivers/streams have long since moved by their own erosion. The maps will show the bridges that were built over these rivers, but does not show the various meanderings the river has take over the decades.

Yes, I can see my own house too,

but it's a big difference how detailed Google show different Philippine provinces, some are very detailed, while others don't even show enough detailed to show any barangar roads,

But I noticed Google did work changing one province (=around the new big airport NorthWest of Cagayan de Oro) from few details to very detailed, so I hope they go on doing that to the Bohol provinces I want too :)