The Tabuelan Adventure

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

After reading that I had to Chuckle at your signature:

To Me the Worst Day in the Philippines ....... is Better Than the Best Day Some Place Else

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ...... it is kinda ironic isn't it ..... :hystery: :hystery: ...... but then how much worst could it have been if I hadn't gotten the tow truck number .... or we had been going down hill instead of up ...... or we had been in a valley where the cell signal is none existent ..... or the wheel had come off (it did when they jacked the car up at the garage) or possibly a great number of other things ...... and the big thing is we weren't hurt ..... so I guess all in all outside of a few pesos I can still say ....... To Me the Worst Day in the Philippines ....... is Better Than the Best Day Some Place Else ........ :hystery: :hystery: :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Yup ...... it is kinda ironic isn't it ..... :hystery: :hystery: ...... but then how much worst could it have been if I hadn't gotten the tow truck number .... or we had been going down hill instead of up ...... or we had been in a valley where the cell signal is none existent ..... or the wheel had come off (it did when they jacked the car up at the garage) or possibly a great number of other things ...... and the big thing is we weren't hurt ..... so I guess all in all outside of a few pesos I can still say ....... To Me the Worst Day in the Philippines ....... is Better Than the Best Day Some Place Else ........ :hystery: :hystery: :thumbsup: :cheersty:

Well done Marine.....your overall outlook on life shows your character and I like that. However, I must tell

you now you are cursed for life because you were caught shackin' up with that white lady......he, he.

What you need now is to have someone bless your vehicle. Next weekend I'm free to give that service

freely. My golden flow service has received many testimonies from satisfied customers.

Just ask Jack P about my favorite wall of his new home.....he, he.

• Like 3

samatm
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing your trip report. Sounds really exhausting! Glad you made it back Safe and Sound. I just drove up to Daanbantayan and actually had thought about taking that crossover for a Scenic Route. So Glad we ran out of time and stayed on the main the Highway.

Where were you heading ? from your report it sounds like you were just out for a day trip. Where were you planning on staying?

I would guess the potholes ate up your SUV. Do remember the probable jarring blow that most likely did in your service?

Thanks for the Tow truck numbers .. i got em in my phone now. You never know.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Where were you heading ? from your report it sounds like you were just out for a day trip. Where were you planning on staying?

We were actually just going to look at the port in Tabuelan as they have roro service to Negros and we wanted to look at another option besides Tolado ..... but no thanks ..... it ain't an option now ..... :mocking: ..... we had planned to be back home about 1:30 or 2pm ..... but that wasn't to be ..... oh .. by the way we found NO PLACE to stay around Tabuelan ..... but they do have some resorts around Sogod ....... all in all it sure broke the monotony ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
What you need now is to have someone bless your vehicle. Next weekend I'm free to give that service freely. My golden flow service has received many testimonies from satisfied customers.

Sir Jake ..... I must respectfully decline your kind offer to bless my vehicle I fear way to many San Magoo's in you for it to be a blessed event ... :mocking: ..... and besides as I have no visible rust anywhere and you being a Filipino and liking salt ..... I'll just leave it at that ..... but you get the picture ..... salt ... rust ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

oh .. by the way we found NO PLACE to stay around Tabuelan ..... but they do have some resorts around Sogod ....... all in all it sure broke the monotony ..... :hystery: :hystery:

There is a beach resort just north of Tabuelan, La Familia. Just stopped by, looked ok.