Practical Rooftop Wind Turbine

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is getting a lot of play here in the states. Lowes says they hope to stock it late this year. How many to keep the aircon going? ;^)3333657100_fc76e790bf.jpg

Link....Turbine Edited by Old55

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This is getting a lot of play here in the states. Lowes says they hope to stock it late this year. How many to keep the aircon going? ;^)3333657100_fc76e790bf.jpg
Link....Turbine
I don't know but the questions is where to install it?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Typical installation atop the roof with access to wind needed to turn the generator blades. I guess Lee could mount a bunch on his balcony? TV news program said it was about three feet tall.

Edited by Old55

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's going to cost a lot of money (one is not enough). Wind is not reliable. It's not going to power your aircon, maybe just a couple of lights. If you put it on your roof how much vibration (and noise) will there be? How many birds will it kill?

Edited by M.Morey

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Typical installation atop the roof with access to wind needed to turn the generator blades. I guess Lee could mount a bunch on his balcony? TV news program said it was about three feet tall.
If the photo is something to go on,it looks much bigger that 3 feet?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Very interesting. I do not think I would put one up on my patio because someone might hurt themselves as it spins, but I think that they will refine it within a few years and then it may be a very practical item to install in a lot of our homes....... I would like to see one that has a round shield around the blade and maybe a cage in the back......I have been thinking about a solar panel running a fan while we are not here to circulate the air, but something like that would be better down the road.