When To Apply For Permanent 13A Acr I-Card?

Americano
Posted
Posted

My 13A ACR I-card is valid until 01-26-2013. When should I apply for the permanent card?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

My 13A ACR I-card is valid until 01-26-2013. When should I apply for the permanent card?

I would start now. The process is 2-3 months.
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree with Steve ..... never wait until the last minute to do something here because you will find yourself surrounded by hundreds of other people all waiting for the last minute ......

A typical example here in the Phils is the voter registration ..... they have all year long to register but millions wait till the day before registration is to be closed to go and register ...... and then scream and holler because they won't extend the deadline ...... if they did extend the deadline they would just go back home and wait until the day before the deadline to come back to register ...... :thumbsup: ....... :cheersty:

• Like 3

mariposa
Posted
Posted

APPLY NOW!

Markham
Posted
Posted

You don't need to apply for a new ACR-I Card per-se but you do need to submit your application for change of status from "temporary permanent resident" to "permanent resident" a full three months before your temporary visa expires. The requirements are almost exactly the same as for the temporary 13(a) you already have and, again, you'll need four photocopies of everything (including the details page of your passport, the page showing your last arrival in the Philippines and the page containing the temporary 13(a) stamp).

When it's approved, they'll put the new stamp in your Passport and ask you to surrender your current ACR-I Card. A new one will be issued after a further two months or so - but you won't be re-fingerprinted or photographed for that since they already have your biometrics on file.

A word of warning: you will find it very difficult to travel abroad until you have secured your new ACR-I Card.

• Like 3

mariposa
Posted
Posted

can be. if you want to travel outside Pi like very important biz trip and you have pending application you can travel FILE a Grace Period

• Like 2