Immigration Options To Canada

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I've recently returned to Canada and am making good money as "oil field trash". U know have the financial ability to bring my wife and kids here.

My question is should I: a) apply for a visitor visa in the Phils for my wife and spousal visa in Canada; or, b) spousal visa in the Phils and then visitor visa while we wait?

In case u don't know, it's ok to apply for both with my gov. Most with experience I talk to suggest "a", but one or two thought "b" is safer.

Anyone with experience here?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I would edit for spelling mistakes but cell phones make that an inconvenience

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
spousal visa in Canada

I am watching your progress in case I ever want to do the same but the only practical experiences I had were both about 20 years ago. My brother married an Aussie girl in Canada, she was there as a visitor and had to leave the country (went to the US for a couple months) while her spousal visa was being processed. At that time you could not apply for it in while in the country. Another friend married a mexican girl at about the same time. He married her in Mexico and then had to wait for many months while her spousal visa was approved and then she was able to come to Canada.

Interestingly enough, my brother and his wife left Canada to go to Australia and my friend and his wife left Canada to go to Mexico. Here's hoping you have better luck and that the laws have changed so things are easier now.

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

The website (gov) says dual-intent is recognized. My hesitation is that personal experience says not to trust the Phils, Filipinos in Canada have told me it would be faster to apply here, and someone told me the embassy in Manila now serves applicants from Japan, which i imagine would slow everything up.

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I've recently returned to Canada and am making good money as "oil field trash". U know have the financial ability to bring my wife and kids here.

My question is should I: a) apply for a visitor visa in the Phils for my wife and spousal visa in Canada; or, b) spousal visa in the Phils and then visitor visa while we wait?

In case u don't know, it's ok to apply for both with my gov. Most with experience I talk to suggest "a", but one or two thought "b" is safer.

may i ask what oil field trash is ?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

may i ask what oil field trash is ?

Just a bad reputation oil rig workers have in Canada, ie... Make a lot of money and waste it all on drugs. Guess I just mentioned it cuz it's a surprising turn in my life that will help the family. Used to be an English teacher.

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Apply for both in Canada Its takes about 88 days for Canada to approve A spousal Visa and 9 months for Manila to do there end so at least 1 year .

Canada may give a visitor visa if you apply for a spousal Visa at the same time . My advice is go into Immigration ask to speak with a agent there .

They can be very helpful depending on who you get that day . Ideally She will get the visitor visa and with any luck her spousal visa before the visitor one runs out

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

According to Immigration Canada, if you are in Canada and she is interviewed in Manila, it will take 9 months from the time all paperwork is submitted completely. If you bring her here first, both you and her assessment will be completed in 6 months and then medical, security checks, etc will be 8 months. I am not sure but I believe that is 8 months after the 6 months initial assessment. Still, you would be together.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
spousal visa in Canada

I am watching your progress in case I ever want to do the same but the only practical experiences I had were both about 20 years ago. My brother married an Aussie girl in Canada, she was there as a visitor and had to leave the country (went to the US for a couple months) while her spousal visa was being processed. At that time you could not apply for it in while in the country. Another friend married a mexican girl at about the same time. He married her in Mexico and then had to wait for many months while her spousal visa was approved and then she was able to come to Canada.

Interestingly enough, my brother and his wife left Canada to go to Australia and my friend and his wife left Canada to go to Mexico. Here's hoping you have better luck and that the laws have changed so things are easier now.

Hmmm.... Australia = warmer.... Mexico = warmer.... Notice a trend here? C'mon Dave! You know how cold it gets here! hehe!

For those who don't know how cold it does get, I can remember hearing once that Siberia is actually warmer year round and has less snow than most of Canada....

:mocking:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
and has less snow than most of Canada....

Then Bob! ​You will surely, be glad, to exchange the snow, for Rain :unsure: :)

post-2148-0-96497400-1353206551_thumb.jp

post-2148-0-91595800-1353206667_thumb.jp

:tiphat:

• Like 2