Ferry Transports Of Vehicles

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Someone said it can be problems to be allowed to transport vehicles by ferries, because of trying to stop transports of stolen vehicles.

Anyone having experience trying to get vehicles moved by different ferries?

What documents do they demand if they check?

Which connections move cars?

Fees?

I wonder mainly to Bohol from Cebu, Leyte or Mindanao, because it make more choises to find a good deal of a second hand.

I saw Cebu - Talibon ferry transported some motorbikes. Do anyone know if any ferry connections to Talibon or Tubigon transport cars?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I personally haven't tried it YET and only know what I have read on the net ..... maybe in a few weeks I can tell you as we are going to Negros via roro ...... I know Dave Houndriver has taken his truck on the roro so maybe he will enlighten us ..... :thumbsup: ...... if he is not to busy changing diapers that is ..... :mocking: ..... :cheersty:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I know Dave Houndriver has taken his truck on the roro so maybe he will enlighten us

I have. And I have found that each ferry is different in price and restrictions so you really have to shop around. The only one I have researched well enough to recommend is the one I took from Carmen/Danao to isabel, Leyte. And they change so much I can not even say if I would still recommend it today. Its been 1 and a 1/2 years since I took it last.

• Like 3

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

Lite shipping goes from Cebu to Tubigon

You need a photocopy of your Certificate of Registration and OR from your last Registration.

I have not been for a while but they used to go at 0700 and 1900 from Cebu daily.

the cost of a CRV is about P2500

there will also be warfage fees of about 350 and a terminal fee about P20.

THe Lite shipoping office is just opposite NSO.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thank you!

Most likely it will be from Cebu, because many Toyota Other MT and Suzuki MT are put together there, so I suppose many are bought and used there. And I can want modifications as doors and automatic gearbox

(because my left knee don't want to do any driving and shifting without using the clutch is risky for the gearbox :) at least when trying to shift to lower. When my knee broke I drove shifting up without problem, or I used my walking stick to clutch. I don't believe police like that :hystery:

Duma
Posted
Posted

I have only used the car ferry 2GO roll on roll off once and that was from Manila to Cebu. I always purchase a vehicle in Manila as they are cheaper in price and less bush bashed on the roads in the province.

All I had to show was my registration papers and bring the car to the pier 8 hours before departure. The costs for a Toyota Rav4 was 13,000 peso. That included the drivers passenger fare as well. I paid an extra 300 peso's to have the shipping Co drive the vehicle on and have them drive it off in Cebu. I didn't want to sit on the ferry all night so I just took a flight to Cebu instead. From there I had to drive the vehicle to Dumaguete as the 2GO car ferry draws too much water and can't berth in Dgte at that time.

• Like 3