Magic Jack

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just thought I would mention this in case anyone is interested in a very inexpensive VOIP phone with unlimited calling within or to the USA, Canada or the US Virgin Islands. I use one and I have many friends that use them and they are great for personal use but I do not think they have the quality needed for business, yet they do seem to be getting better all the time. I think maybe one out of 20 calls or so I will have to redial to get a better quality but for the cost of one dinner out, it is great in my mind. I have a few friends who live in the Philippines and a couple in other countries who have them and we talk back and forth for free and even when we are in the Philippines, calls to other islands are not free, but I was able to call my friends for free because they had VOIP phones or Magic Jacks. Magic Jack is a VOIP device that you plug into your computer USB port and hook any ordinary phone to when your computer is on and make and receive calls. Magic Jack is sold in the USA and can only be shipped to a US address but it can be registered from anywhere and you would have a US phone number that you can take with you anywhere and make local calls to anywhere in the US, Canada and US Virgin Islands and receive calls local from your US friends or family and all for the first year of $39.99 plus shipping and $19.99 a year after that for the whole year. There are no hidden charges and no, I am not involved in the company and am just posting this to help members save money. But I sure do wish I had stock in them or thought of this idea before they did.BTW, you can also buy prepaid calling time to other countries and the rates seem reasonable.http://www.magicjack.com/9/index.asp is where you can read about it if you are interested.

Edited by Mr. Lee

daisy
Posted
Posted

Hi Lee! My best in the US is sending me one and I will receive it anytime next as it was sent through another friend. She mentioned that I need to have a telephone for this one. Is it true? Our internet provider is our cable provider here in CDO. Does it mean I have to apply for a land based phone?Thanks.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi Lee! My best in the US is sending me one and I will receive it anytime next as it was sent through another friend. She mentioned that I need to have a telephone for this one. Is it true? Our internet provider is our cable provider here in CDO. Does it mean I have to apply for a land based phone?Thanks.
No Daisy, all you need is a telephone hand set. I bought a cordless phone and plugged it into the power and then into the Magic Jack with the normal phone cord and it worked better than just a handset. I think it works better because the cordless has its own power supply and a handset uses some power to function off of the USD port. If you go to their web site it explains it all.Oh I forgot, once you get it set up, email us with your number and we will give you ours and we can talk on the phone for free. Edited by Mr. Lee

daisy
Posted
Posted

Ok Thanks Lee...Yes I will email you right away when it's here...huh! The world is getting smaller everyday!23_9_10[1].gif