No More Acr-I Cards For Pinoys

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that some want to eat their cake and enjoy benefits of both worlds when its not allowed

The BI has passed a new rule regarding ACR-I card for true DUAL citizens

not able to find the link on the BI(not BOI) site

The Bureau of Immigration will no longer issue alien certificates of registration identity cards to Filipinos with multiple citizenships because the authorities have discovered that the cards are being used to conceal Philippine citizenship.

“State policy dictates that we should not condone deceit or misrepresentation on vital citizenship information,” said Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David after the bureau’s alien registration chief Ronaldo Ledesma

noted that his office has been receiving ACR I-Card applications from Filipinos who have dual citizenships.

Ledesma said the applicants are usually Filipinos who are either married to alien spouses or children of foreigners and those who involuntarily acquired dual or multiple citizenships.

Among these countries, he said, are Algeria, Botswana, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, India, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, China, Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden..

“So if you are a Filipino with dual citizenship residing in any of these countries, you can hide your Philippine citizenship by exhibiting your ACR I-Card as proof of foreign citizenship and disclaimer of Philippine citizenship,” Ledesma explained.

David said that the bureau will henceforth reject all applications for ACR I-Card filed by Philippine citizens with two or more citizenships and all ACR I-Card applicants are now required to declare their dual or multiple citizenships under oath.

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2012/12/04/no-more-alien-cards-for-pinoys/

more news you can use, hope that its helpful to those who it may affect :thumbsup:

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Why would anyone want to conceal their citizenship here?