One Brave Rat

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Been back from the Phils about two weeks. I have been busy since being back in Seattle. One night

while fast asleep laying on my bed I had a rat ran across my arse, it also ran up the wife's leg,

what a experience that was. finally a day or two later I got the thing with a glue trap, only in the Philippines

:hystery:

• Like 5

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

not to down play your experience but when in viet nam as a medic with the 101 airborne we were assign to a high mountain out post in the ashau valley the bunker where i was assigned was full of rats i rember waking up with one laying on my chest you should of seen me as igot out of their the othaers were laughing so hard we went aon a rat killing spree we averaged killing 10 or 12 rats a night and when we were sent to field a week later they were still there and the rats in the mountains were the largest rats i ve ever seen.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Been back from the Phils about two weeks. I have been busy since being back in Seattle. One night

while fast asleep laying on my bed I had a rat ran across my arse, it also ran up the wife's leg,

what a experience that was. finally a day or two later I got the thing with a glue trap, only in the Philippines

:hystery:

Don't you realize that you smell like apples (new arrivals from the states). Rats and mosquitoes know

the most juiciest targets.....he, he.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
not to down play your experience but when in viet nam as a medic with the 101 airborne we were assign to a high mountain out post in the ashau valley the bunker where i was assigned was full of rats i rember waking up with one laying on my chest you should of seen me as igot out of their the othaers were laughing so hard we went aon a rat killing spree we averaged killing 10 or 12 rats a night and when we were sent to field a week later they were still there and the rats in the mountains were the largest rats i ve ever seen.

The country rats in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, etc. are also known as "field chickens" in that they are grain fed from the rice paddies and edible. They were probably attracted to your high mountain outpost as a safe haven from locals who are hunting them as food. By the way, they taste like chicken or so I am told since I have not tried it.

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

The country rats in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, etc. are also known as "field chickens" in that they are grain fed from the rice paddies and edible. They were probably attracted to your high mountain outpost as a safe haven from locals who are hunting them as food. By the way, they taste like chicken or so I am told since I have not tried it.

i ve not tryed them either but i bet they kept the nva happy.
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Afriend of mine tried it in Vietnam and was nearly sick so I think I will give it a miss.
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Probably the biggest rat I saw was one of the wharf rats at Roosevelt Roads Naval Station in Puerto Rico... Nobody will believe the size it was... And it is one of the few reasons I would consider having a gun in the house... A very very big gun!

:unsure: