Converters Or ??

slim
Posted
Posted

Anyone help me on what i need to run a 1500 watt 110 volt steamer to clean the tile floors? I hope it is not a transformer?? i am not to sharp when it comes to electricity!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Afraid so slim ........ as everything here is 220 or greater ..... they sell transformers here that you can plug into a wall plug but not sure how big they go ..... did you bring it here form the states???? ............ maybe an emergency generator may have dual voltage here ... but not sure .... if so maybe you can borrow a portable one or rent one for a day if it is not something you are going to be doing all the time ....

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Anyone help me on what i need to run a 1500 watt 110 volt steamer to clean the tile floors? I hope it is not a transformer?? i am not to sharp when it comes to electricity!
If you have a house, you can contact the electric company and they will put a transformer on your pole to give you 110. I am pretty sure that is what Mike Morey did.Otherwise, I think Mike S idea about the generator is going to be your best bet because I do not think you will easily run 1500 watt steamer on most transformers available here unless you can find a commercial grade one.

slim
Posted
Posted
Afraid so slim ........ as everything here is 220 or greater ..... they sell transformers here that you can plug into a wall plug but not sure how big they go ..... did you bring it here form the states???? ............ maybe an emergency generator may have dual voltage here ... but not sure .... if so maybe you can borrow a portable one or rent one for a day if it is not something you are going to be doing all the time ....
thanks Mike S and yes they go up to 2000 volts in the store I was in but I didn't want to pay 4000 pesos cause the mop only cost me 70 dollars, but it really gets the floors clean with only steam so i may have to invest but i hate to!thanks again

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
thanks Mike S and yes they go up to 2000 volts in the store I was in but I didn't want to pay 4000 pesos cause the mop only cost me 70 dollars, but it really gets the floors clean with only steam so i may have to invest but i hate to!thanks again
Just make sure the surge on the cleaner is not more than 1500 while it is warming up. I am pretty sure that a lot of things are rated below the actual surge.

slim
Posted
Posted
If you have a house, you can contact the electric company and they will put a transformer on your pole to give you 110. I am pretty sure that is what Mike Morey did.Otherwise, I think Mike S idea about the generator is going to be your best bet because I do not think you will easily run 1500 watt steamer on most transformers available here unless you can find a commercial grade one.
Thanks Mr. Lee

Mik
Posted
Posted

Hi Slim - are you in Cebu now? Ace Hardware has transformers of various capacities. You will need one with about the dimensions of a small car battery for a 1500 watt appliance. When you build your house try to put in a few 120 volt circuits.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

But remember they will be 50Hz not 60.

Mik
Posted
Posted
But remember they will be 50Hz not 60.
Philippines is 60Hz.

slim
Posted
Posted

thanks everyone for the help ! i tnink it will sit in the corner as they want more for the transformer than I paid for the steam mop? boy do they ever get a floor clean and it's so easy with only water.thanks again to all