Greater Zambales Info Please

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone

I am planning with my wife, my mother and son a small get away for 2 nights 3 days somewhere at Zambales or a bit further, not Subic (enough with it, been there quit a few times).

The idea is an easy land trip driving my car from Manila, enjoy the sceneries and the ride.

I look for a nice hotel which will provide the following as a minimum.

Right at the beach, a beach where we can swim.

Hotel should have swiming pool, restaurant and bar.

No nipa huts rented by the day, bbq sites with all the gyspy scenery of families with their own pots and smells and sh*t plus their loud voices...i hate this crap.

Hotel room should be aircondition, with hot and cold water shower

Nice looking hotel and not a usual crap called "resort ampalaya" or "Villa Luzmida" not that i care the name but i do care the looks.

Any suggestions anyone from personal or from a friends experience?

ZambalesJeff
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you might want to check out Punta de Uian Resort. It's a real nice resort with everything you asked. While there, take a boat ride out to the Capones Islands located just a few km's off the coast. I think you'll like it there. The sun sets behind the islands and makes for beautiful views.

seattleras
Posted
Posted

I stayed at Punta de Uian Resort over New Year's holiday and have mixed feelings about the place. In its heyday it was probably very nice. Now it lacks of routine maintenance and is a little run down. It is on the beach and does have a pool. As far as the restaurant and bar I wasn't impressed. The menu had many things on it but when I tried to order something the response was, "out of stock sir", It got to be a joke.

It is a large facility and is about 20 minutes down gravel and dirt roads. Service was ok but nothing extraordinary. When I stayed there it was almost empty with only a couple of other couples or families staying there.

Having said this I will be staying there again over the holidays because my wife wants me to stay there because she thinks it is safer than other places in the area.

You can also try Dog's Offshore Bar and Resort. Search for it on Google. Had dinner there one night and they had great food and nice bar. It is also very near beach. They do have rooms but I didn't stay there becasue my wife was concerned about the security there. If it were just my choice I would stay there. They don't have a pool but I liked the ambiance of the place and the owner had a couple of great dogs to play with.