sjp52
Posted
Posted

Me too. Now I enjoy taking 200 peso taxi rides and not worring how to get there

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You can get drivers licens easy in the Philippines. But there you need BETTER handling to avoid crashing, so better not use it :hystery:

(Myself I have had many cars - junk ones. Or more corect, I buy them 2-3 years before "western junk time". No point I buy better, because I make them junk in that time anyway, because I drive as a car thief :mocking:

But I have had almost no accidents, only two and then I have driven SLOW :hystery: made me concentrate less. So I don't like the low speed limits except when passing schools and such.)

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

when i first came here my wife did not know hoe to drive, not even how to start a car. Her driver's license was home delivered without anyother hassles...no testing either, she was not even asked if she knows how to drive.

My first car here was a honda civic vtec modified to racing car from a wild chinese-filipina lady, her parents sold it from her!!!! A true booster with the looks of a normal car, until you opened the hood :)

she learned how to drive on it. Minor scratches only. She learned how to maintain a car on it too...a burned engine due to no water and still drivng it until the oil burned out too...

Her problem was that the car was second hand that's why got engine burned. Bought a brand new Honda city, sold it 6 years after in a condition needing lots of repairs. Now owning a strada, she still doesn't know where the oil stick is or where to add coolant or even water for the windshields. Minor accidents by now.

So a good advise if you buy a car...learn how to maintain it and driving comes next, it is philippines, no one knows how to drive anyway :)

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I always wanted to have a car and to learn how to drive. :unsure:

just curious why? with all the wild drivers around? as the roads are dangerous, .. gives new meaning"more fun in the philippines"

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
she still doesn't know where the oil stick is or where to add coolant or even water for the windshields.

What happen if you demand your wife know and do checks to get the car key? :)

• Like 1