Married And Living In The Phils

stevewool
Posted
Posted

what are the chargers for the visas once you are living over in the phils, you are married and know you want to spend the rest of your life there other then holidays back to see the family, what would you be paying to stay there, and also do you pay per year, or every 5 years or any other way,

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It can be big difference depending of

if you are married to a Filipina

which solution for VISA

and if want to pay extra fee to get it faster/with less work.

When I checked some months ago, I only looked at the solution I aim at. If I understood corect:

13 a First year around 9000pesos. Following years around 7000p/year.. (I believe it was plus I card 50 USD.)

Later it's possible to apply for permanent if fulfill some demands. Around 230 USD for applying. Aditional around same if get OK. That's valid for 10 years.

Others, who have done it allready, can answer more detailed :)

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

It can be big difference depending of

if you are married to a Filipina

which solution for VISA

and if want to pay extra fee to get it faster/with less work.

When I checked some months ago, I only looked at the solution I aim at. If I understood corect:

13 a First year around 9000pesos. Following years around 7000p/year.. (I believe it was plus I card 50 USD.)

Later it's possible to apply for permanent if fulfill some demands. Around 230 USD for applying. Aditional around same if get OK. That's valid for 10 years.

Others, who have done it allready, can answer more detailed :)

A 13A is a perm resident spousal visa simular to the US IR1. You pay the fees above but not years after. You pay the 1st year for probationary then 2nd time for perm. That's it! It's perm. All you pay after that is P310 for the annual reporting and US $50 every 5 years for renewal of your ACR-I card. Hope this helps. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

As the spouse of a Filipino citizen, you can request a Balikbayan privilege upon arrival. Enter the country with your wife and present your marriage certificate to the immigration officer. It's discretionary but rarely denied. You have a year from the date of arrival; no fees, no trips to BI, no onward ticket requirement (according to the statute), no exit fee if you leave the country before the year is up.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

A 13A is a perm resident spousal visa simular to the US IR1. You pay the fees above but not years after. You pay the 1st year for probationary then 2nd time for perm. That's it! It's perm. All you pay after that is P310 for the annual reporting and US $50 every 5 years for renewal of your ACR-I card. Hope this helps.

Sorry. I mixed up some partly.

Is the permanent fee covering "for ever" (except the small fees you told)?

I tried to check the official website, but I didn't found any.

(I have read "10 years" somewhere earlier, but I don't remember where or for what :) (Perhaps it was before the simplifications were made.)

---

>stevewool I don't remember if you told it in some other topic. Are you retiring?

If so you, then it can be solved with the following too:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=80

SPECIAL RETIREE RESIDENT VISA

Who may apply for Special Retiree's Resident Visa (SRRV)?

A retiree who applies for a Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV) has the option to enroll to the program based from his retirement status.

Retirement Option and their Required Time Deposit

1. With Pension - 50 years old and above - the required time deposit is US$10,000.00 plus a monthly pension of US$800.00 for a single applicant and US$1,000 for couple.

and there are some other alternatives too.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Yes if you are already married to a filipina better to get the visa in your country, there are some here from the USA going to Guam and getting 13A and it is permanent takes a little more time in Guam, i also know a guy who has been on the Balikbayan for years he goes to Honk Kong with his wife for vacation every year and returns

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As you can see, there are lots of different ways to do this. Can you tell us your situation a little better so we can provide a better solution?