All Souls' Day

daisy
Posted
Posted

November is fast approaching and this another Filipino culture and tradition that is uniquely Filipino. Family reunions at the graveyards. I can still remember staying and sleeping in the cemetery with the rest of the family every November 1. I am surely glad that nowadays it just became a simple graveyard visitations for me and my kids.23_11_59[1].gif Still some members of our clan practiced it. :crack-up:

cagayanstar
Posted
Posted

:crack-up: I am thinking of selling candles and flowers on this day which makes pretty good money just for the occassion.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
November is fast approaching and this another Filipino culture and tradition that is uniquely Filipino. Family reunions at the graveyards. I can still remember staying and sleeping in the cemetery with the rest of the family every November 1. I am surely glad that nowadays it just became a simple graveyard visitations for me and my kids.23_11_59[1].gif Still some members of our clan practiced it. :crack-up:
Sure is an unusual tradition to us westerners, I wonder if its done any where else in the world? I think most of us would not feel comfortable sleeping in a cemetery although I intend to make it my final resting place :welcome:

daisy
Posted
Posted
Sure is an unusual tradition to us westerners, I wonder if its done any where else in the world? I think most of us would not feel comfortable sleeping in a cemetery although I intend to make it my final resting place :crack-up:
And you really believe we can sleep there with all the tong-its, mahjong, beer and food around? As a kid I love it but when I outgrow it I don't even allow my own children to experience it. :P