Domestic Travel Docs For 8 Year Old - Urgent!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Merry Christmas!

Looking for quick advice! We forgot to bring ID for the 8 year old. Cebu Pacific finally let us on but advised that we might have issues with our other flights. She is supposed to have a birth cert or school id or passport. Cebu Pacific said we could go to NSO in Cebu and get a copy of the certificate, and we are hoping they will be open this week after Xmas. We fly again on the 31st on Tiger.

Any experiences with similar issues? Where is NSO? We will be downtown at the Parklane.

Thank you!

MikeB
Posted
Posted

NSO is on MJ Cuenco - here. Any taxi driver will know it. Given the time I believe your best bet is to go there. The 24th (today), 25th and 31st are holidays. Go early, they open at 8am.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

NSO is on MJ Cuenco - here. Any taxi driver will know it. Given the time I believe your best bet is to go there. The 24th (today), 25th and 31st are holidays. Go early, they open at 8am.

Thank you Mike! Merry Christmas! We are here on Mactan, checked in at the Goldberry for one night. It is a nice place.

brock
Posted
Posted

Very Very long queue, Get their extra early...

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's bad but if you have anything that identifies you as a senior in your own country they will accept it and give you priority. Otherwise, plan for it taking all day probably 2.

You can also get someone to stand in line and submit and pick up docs if you give them a letter authorizing them.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

cough..cough... A valid ID would be a SCHOOL ID..

i am sure somewhere you can find a "replacement"school ID..(cough cough) alot less hassle than waiting for a NSO

If the mother is w/the child should be not much of an issue.esp at age 8yo

(yet again this is the RP and (comments :lol: removed)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Probably no help here but for others don't forget the online services. https://www.ecensus.com.ph/default.aspx

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Probably no help here but for others don't forget the online services. https://www.ecensus....ph/default.aspx

Thanks! I just hope we can get out tomorrow. I guess the storm is not going to be too bad.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the tips! NSO was not far from Parkview, so we got down there at 8:45 and there were not that many people, probably due to holidays. Only took 15-20 minutes to file and we will go back after 1 pm to pick up the birth certificate.

Traffic was not bad at all and the driving here in city seemed relatively organized. I expect that during holidays it is lighter than normal.

Compared to Laguna, the driving here seems much better. I don't think I could every attempt National Hwy in Laguna on a busy day, but I think I could handle this here.

• Like 1