E-Bike

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm thinking about picking up this Pasadena model e-bike soon. Any thoughts? I think it will be slightly over p30 k and the main use will be for the nanny to shuttle to school and market.

Edit: This first link has a better description of the models:

http://www.global-ebikes.com/products.htm

http://www.lae-bike.com/products.html

post-1784-0-12190400-1356489661_thumb.jp

Edited by OnMyWay

Will
Posted
Posted

I've been thinking about something like that to tool around on once we get there. I don't know the first thing about motorcycles, though. I rode a few 3 wheelers when I was a teenager, but never a motorbike. Let us know how that works out for you. I think your nanny would really like it, though. :)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The nanny already has a scooter but she is leaving it in Bohol, so she know how to ride. The advantage of the e-bike is that you don't have to have a license or registration. It is perfect for our short trip needs, if it doesn't fall apart!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have had a few of them nearly run me over. They don't make any noise and in this country anywhere you can walk is also a motorcycle trail. I hate them from a pedestrian point of view.

Another one is these regular motorcycle who will come down hill on a pedestrian path with their motor turned off to 'save gas' and they also come darn close to running me over. Its not safe to walk in this country.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have had a few of them nearly run me over. They don't make any noise and in this country anywhere you can walk is also a motorcycle trail. I hate them from a pedestrian point of view.

Another one is these regular motorcycle who will come down hill on a pedestrian path with their motor turned off to 'save gas' and they also come darn close to running me over. Its not safe to walk in this country.

Yes, the "quiet" factor is a safety concern but I want to make sure it has a good loud horn to wake people up! The safety factor goes back on the driver, not the bike. It is the same as a bicycle.

However, from an overall point of view I will take "quiet" over "ridiculously loud" any time!

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Good consideration for the task list...

I was wondering what the max load the Pasadena model would take and I was pleased to see it was 150kg or 330 lbs...

With Dave's experiences it gives a new and different meaning to "silent but deadly"...

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
Yes, the "quiet" factor is a safety concern but I want to make sure it has a good loud horn to wake people up!

Hang some bells on the handlebars. :71120: :christmas_emoticons_187:

Curley
Posted
Posted

Why carry all the extra weight of a scooter..... cuts down the range.... use an electric bicycle and add a kiddie seat/shopping carrier. http://ebikephotos.tumblr.com/