Goldberry Suites Near Mactan / Cebu Airport

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

We stayed for one night and I would recommend it for a short stay near the airport. The area is nothing to get excited about but the hotel is very modern and the staff was nice. They also have a free airport shuttle, so it also might be a good option for someone flying out on a very early morning flight. We were there on Xmas Eve and had a nice view of the fireworks all over the city.

The included breakfast is served at a small cafe outside the front door, and it was nice. It was a plate breakfast with several choices. It was fine.

The only problem we had was there was some salty residue in the water heater that we neglected to wash out, and it ruined our coffee! Minor thing but they should make sure those are washed out good for the next customer.

Edit: Rate was p2880 with BF but they mention that long term is negotiable if anyone wanted longer stay.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I took a look at their web site. Looks very nice but beyond my price range. I don't recall seeing it but its been 2 years since I was on Mactan other than to go to the airport. I'm guessing it is new.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I took a look at their web site. Looks very nice but beyond my price range. I don't recall seeing it but its been 2 years since I was on Mactan other than to go to the airport. I'm guessing it is new.

Yes, the price is a bit high but we just needed something near the airport for one night and we were booking last minute. Waterfront Hotel was higher cost.

Edited by OnMyWay

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

What I desire most from airport motels & hotels is cleanliness, reasonable price, and sufficient insulation so you don't hear aircrafts landing and taking off. Because of increased competition, some properties are offering their regular customers parking privileges to avoid expensive parking lot fees. You drive and stay overnight. The shuttle service takes you to the airport with enough time to catch a flight. Take the shuttle back to the hotel upon your return. It would be nice if Goldberry Suites offers a similar "free" service beause the distance from Cebu City to Mactan Airport is pretty far.

During my last trip, I learned that Waterfront Hotel is located at the former Cebu airport. The airport was moved to Mactan and they apparently are planning a second airport facility because the current one is insufficient.