Looking For Monitors .... A Chore

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Looking for a monitor here in Cebu is a chore ..... spent the day in Cybre-Gate SM (or is that Cyber-Zone) looking for a 23 in. computer monitor ..... found one in CDR King on line but they don't have any in any of their stores here in Cebu (we called) .... the Acer store in SM is now gone their partner store .... Thinking Tools didn't even know they were gone and only had 1 Acer monitor and no 22-23 in. monitors .... PC Quick Buys (another partner to Think Tools) couldn't be bothered sending anyone over to help us even though we stood there looking around ..... the 3-4 attendants were to busy standing around shooting the sh*t .....

Just couldn't find anything that tripped my trigger or the size I wanted most monitors are 16-19 in. ..... and as for the sales which usually occur after Christmas ... forget about it ..... all I got was the deer in the headlights look ...... so I guess I'll just have to wait ..... and by the way the very same monitor like Samsung and Acer is $50 cheaper for the same model in the US ..... but then we have come to expect that haven't we ..... :thumbsup:

Everybody was also trying to sell me a LCD/LED TV ..... but from all I've read they are not the best for playing video games on .... or at least the monitor is better ..... plus they are almost p2000-3000 higher than the monitors ....

But then this is just another of life's little challenges and keeps me busy looking ..... :dance: ...... :cheersty:

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Looking for a monitor here in Cebu is a chore ..... spent the day in Cybre-Gate SM (or is that Cyber-Zone) looking for a 23 in. computer monitor ..... found one in CDR King on line but they don't have any in any of their stores here in Cebu (we called) .... the Acer store in SM is now gone their partner store .... Thinking Tools didn't even know they were gone and only had 1 Acer monitor and no 22-23 in. monitors .... PC Quick Buys (another partner to Think Tools) couldn't be bothered sending anyone over to help us even though we stood there looking around ..... the 3-4 attendants were to busy standing around shooting the sh*t .....

Just couldn't find anything that tripped my trigger or the size I wanted most monitors are 16-19 in. ..... and as for the sales which usually occur after Christmas ... forget about it ..... all I got was the deer in the headlights look ...... so I guess I'll just have to wait ..... and by the way the very same monitor like Samsung and Acer is $50 cheaper for the same model in the US ..... but then we have come to expect that haven't we ..... :thumbsup:

Everybody was also trying to sell me a LCD/LED TV ..... but from all I've read they are not the best for playing video games on .... or at least the monitor is better ..... plus they are almost p2000-3000 higher than the monitors ....

But then this is just another of life's little challenges and keeps me busy looking ..... :dance: ...... :cheersty:

mike i bought a second hand one from a warehouse in cebu its a 23 inch i paid only 2500 for it and it works like new the ware house is full of second hand monitors and computers let me know if your interested in going as i need to bring g f as i can,t remember how to get to it
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
mike i bought a second hand one from a warehouse in cebu its a 23 inch i paid only 2500 for it and it works like new the ware house is full of second hand monitors and computers let me know if your interested in going as i need to bring g f as i can,t remember how to get to it

Thank you sir for the kind offer :thumbsup: but I just got back from CDR King with a new 22" led monitor ..... didn't get a chance to read your post before I went ...... here is what I ended up with .... http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=11315&main=140 ....... damn it is hard to get used to the strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreched out screen ..... kinda glad they didn't have a 23" ..... gonna try a game on it after a while ..... :mocking: .... :cheersty:

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir for the kind offer :thumbsup: but I just got back from CDR King with a new 22" led monitor ..... didn't get a chance to read your post before I went ...... here is what I ended up with .... http://www.cdrking.c...=11315&main=140 ....... damn it is hard to get used to the strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreched out screen ..... kinda glad they didn't have a 23" ..... gonna try a game on it after a while ..... :mocking: .... :cheersty:

looks good well at least you will get a guarntee with it
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Looks good Mike!

But are you sure you don't want to return it?

Language options don't include Cebuano!

:mocking:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
damn it is hard to get used to the strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreched out screen ..... kinda glad they didn't have a 23" .....

Could be worse! Try doing what I've done - gone from a 10" netbook screen to a 19" screen... I feel like I have to look over my shoulder to see each side of the screen! :mocking:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Could be worse! Try doing what I've done - gone from a 10" netbook screen to a 19" screen... I feel like I have to look over my shoulder to see each side of the screen!

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... know how you feel Bob ...... I have to actually turn my head from side to side to read all my screen ....... used to just be able to move my eyes ..... :mocking: ...... suppose now I'll get whip-lash ...... :lol: :cheersty: