Policemen Rapped For Outing Sex-change Woman

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

What do you think, was it wrong for them to tell him that he was having sex with a man? Would any of you feel that a conversion is really a woman. Sorry, not me. While I feel for people like that who somehow were born into the wrong body or at least think they were, I would always want a real woman and if I were to accept a conversion, which I wouldn't, then it would only be if the truth was known to me up front. Policemen rapped for outing sex-change womanhttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/classified-odd/...ex-change-womanSYDNEY - Two Australian police officers who told a prisoner his girlfriend was once a man were on Tuesday sentenced to 125 hours community service.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
What do you think, was it wrong for them to tell him that he was having sex with a man? Would any of you feel that a conversion is really a woman. Sorry, not me. While I feel for people like that who somehow were born into the wrong body or at least think they were, I would always want a real woman and if I were to accept a conversion, which I wouldn't, then it would only be if the truth was known to me up front. Policemen rapped for outing sex-change womanhttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/classified-odd/...ex-change-womanSYDNEY - Two Australian police officers who told a prisoner his girlfriend was once a man were on Tuesday sentenced to 125 hours community service.
Well I think I would want to know too but the Judge was right the Police had no right to disclose private information. They were directly responsable for the assault they should have lost their jobs and done some jail time. Would you want these guys to ever have access to your confidental information?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I guess it boils down to what you don't know wont hurt you,he may have been in love with her/him and his love at the time would have been unconditional. Maybe if he never found out they would have been happily together for life.Since she has been a woman for 12 years I guess that there is no reason to tell anyone.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

The judge was absolutely correct. Everyone has a right to privacy. The government has to stay out of people's private lives. A person can do their own investigation of their boyfriend or girlfriend if they want to. Edit: Here is another article: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001021,00.htmlThe judge says, "It is time for the offenders to put back into the community what they have taken out of it."Performing community service is not justice. How was "the community" injured? The injured parties were the transsexual and the boyfriend. Forget the sentence of community service. The offending policemen should instead pay a large fine to the two people affected by their illegal actions.

Edited by M.Morey