New Airport At Panglao

stevewool
Posted
Posted

its been on the cards for years but will it ever be built, the latest news i have heard its going to start this year, but again they seem to say that every year, does there need to be a airport there, yes it will bring more people to the area but if that is what the plan is why not extend the one at tagbilaran, also if it goes ahead will that put many business out like shipping from cebu to get to pangla,will the prices go up in the area because of this, and will my dream destiny be ruined, never know could be another 30 years of planning still to come

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i have found that too the more they develop the more the prices go up !! , me personally dont mind the drive from alona beach to the airport or the ferry its not really that long what a 1/2 hour ??? the only problem is taxi its cost allot but once your there you can just rent a motorbike like we did and drive around ! hey steve is Beach Rock Resort still there ?? it was half way down the hill on the right side just before you get to alona kew ?? we stayed there i found them VERY VERY friendly and great price too we got a fan room for 700 pesos and they have there own guard its a small resort no pool or anything but a great place !!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

The plan is to build an international airport on Panglao which would be better than the Tag domestic airport. The only question is when?

samatm
Posted
Posted

If I owned a bunch of property on Bohol and also a Construction company, and also a cement factory I would indeed be very much in favor of new BIG International Airport in Panglao. If i owned a small lot and enjoyed my get away beach house. I would be very much against the new airport.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

if it went ahead lots of work for many, plus you never know a small lot and house could later on make a go at bed and breakfast ,i would rather live on bohol then panglao though if it does go ahead

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i have found that too the more they develop the more the prices go up !! , me personally dont mind the drive from alona beach to the airport or the ferry its not really that long what a 1/2 hour ??? the only problem is taxi its cost allot but once your there you can just rent a motorbike like we did and drive around ! hey steve is Beach Rock Resort still there ?? it was half way down the hill on the right side just before you get to alona kew ?? we stayed there i found them VERY VERY friendly and great price too we got a fan room for 700 pesos and they have there own guard its a small resort no pool or anything but a great place !!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

not to sure if the hotel is still there, i just walked with my eyes forward down that hill, if i happened to look any other way at the ladies in short shorts and bikinis i would have got a slap
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
FredM
Posted
Posted

The possibility of an airport being built in Panglao certainly made by decision to buy outside of Panglao easier. There are quite a few expat owned resorts which will suffer from excessive noise should the new development go ahead.

The new airport would certainly service the massive new hotel that has opened in Doljo and it would probably ease traffic in Tag.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i think i may look at land on bohol, away from the new masses, its always nice to go onto panglao, but i think it may be just too busy  soon

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I just googled Panglao, and Alona etc. Looking at all of Bohol.

Pinch me again! Is this not another example of Paradise! Are we not the luckiest men on earth to be living in such a garden of eden, with sooooo many beautiful Eves to help us find our way through all of these beautiful beaches!

Oh if I could only bring back about 40 years, I would have been here much earlier in life. (providing I could have still met and married my wonderful wife that is!)

Papa Carl

• Like 1