Filipin Live Sports

Thomas
Posted
Posted

After move I will miss the possibility to look IN PLACE at a lot of sports we have in Sweden.

Anyone knowing ANY Filipin sports (except boxing) to look at?

I mean sports, which are competitions, preferingly team sport leagues.

The only I know of (beside boxing) are:

/a few universities have basket teams

/the profesional basket league. BUT the teams DON'T have home arenas, moving around between different cities for their "home" matches too!!! So it don't help to settle down close to such city :boohoo: :)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I guess a lot of it depends on where you want to live. There are many football clubs and leagues throughout the country as well as basketball. Baseball is suppose to be on the rise with talk of getting a (semi?) professional league going. Of course boxing and martial arts competitions are popular. Rugby and volleyball teams are popular too. I've even heard that figure skating is becoming very popular in some parts of the country and, for your own personal enjoyment, there are several skating surfaces you can do like me and fall on. I'm not overly sure where they are but I think Google can answer that for you quite easily.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Let's not forget cockfighting, which is the Philippine national sport. On any Sunday, there is a sports arena near you. The big cockfighting tournamets are held in coliseums.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I guess a lot of it depends on where you want to live. There are many football clubs and leagues throughout the country as well as basketball. Baseball is suppose to be on the rise with talk of getting a (semi?) professional league going. Of course boxing and martial arts competitions are popular. Rugby and volleyball teams are popular too. I've even heard that figure skating is becoming very popular in some parts of the country and, for your own personal enjoyment, there are several skating surfaces you can do like me and fall on. I'm not overly sure where they are but I think Google can answer that for you quite easily.

Good if there is a "home" football team to look at even if it isn't any good :)

It's a scating surface in Quezon in a mall, I believe it's called "Asiamall".

Now my bad knees can't scate at all, but I didn't fall so often. (One of my cousins was profesional icehockey player at a bit lower level, and the several times chosen best defender in NHL Nicklas Lidström is a second cousin of mine, but they scate better than I :)

Let's not forget cockfighting, which is the Philippine national sport. On any Sunday, there is a sports arena near you. The big cockfighting tournamets are held in coliseums.

Boxing I like to look at sometimes,

but martial art and cockfighting is "to much" for my taste, although e g football can be much blood too ;)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Beauty contests? :dance:

• Like 4