Best Way To Stay In Pi

Diazo
Posted
Posted

I'm new to all this. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to move to the PI. I'm retired military and would like to live there as long as possible. Can I simply get whatever tourist visa the PI will allow then apply for extensions once I arrive. What is this I read about trow away departure tickets. Also what is an ACR-1. Any suggestions on where to start and the first steps. Would like to come mid March 2013. any help would be appreciated.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

make sure you fully understand the benefits and risks.

retired military, You maybe able to use the VA clinic or not . depends on your case

VISAS. read the previous topics thats been posted

here is a forum member who has a business that has helped others.listed below on the

Recommended Web Sites And Forums

Not at this address /

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php main site of BI

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=61 i nfo on the ACR-I card

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Just book a month or twos holiday on a return ticket, The cost of a one way is not a lot of difference,You can get a 38 day visa on top of your 21 days either here or in your own country before you come, If you decide its not for you then you have your ticket home, Should you decide to stay, just renew your visa every 2 months

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm new to all this. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to move to the PI. I'm retired military and would like to live there as long as possible. Can I simply get whatever tourist visa the PI will allow then apply for extensions once I arrive. What is this I read about trow away departure tickets. Also what is an ACR-1. Any suggestions on where to start and the first steps. Would like to come mid March 2013. any help would be appreciated.

Welcome

The first place to start is by reading the many topics in this Travel and Visa section. The same questions have been answered 1000's of times so take your time and do some reading first and then let us know what you don't understand. You can also use the search function by clicking on the little magnifie glass symbol top right of the page.

:cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Tom (Jollygoodfellow) has it bang on - as do the others who replied above. Don't be fooled by anyone saying you can buy a book that has all of this information - it changes constantly and you will only be paying out money to then find out the wrong things. As Tom was saying, read through the older posts. There is so much information listed there you will be amazed! Once you have a basic understanding, that is when it is much easier to discuss what needs to be done. Seriously, moving to the Philippines is not the same as moving to most other countries though it can be much more enjoyable once you know the requirements.