Parklane Hotel Cebu City - Nice Place

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I can recommend this hotel if you have the budget. We got a good Christmas deal for around $70 per night with a great BF buffet, but the rates are higher now.

Nice room and bath. We had two queen beds.

Big safe with room for 2 laptops and all of our other things

Usual small frig

Nice pool area with kiddy pool section and hot tub

Excellent gym although I never actually went inside and used it. I think they sell memberships for non-hotel guests

Close to Ayala mall with many places to eat

Neighborhood is nice enough. We never saw any beggars, etc.

The only small issue we had was that the cleaning staff didn't clean the cups and replace the free coffee a couple of times. We didn't bother to ask about it. For other requests like extra towels, they were quick to respond. The hotel staff was very nice and the hotel had great decorations for Xmas. As mentioned in another thread, we had their Xmas buffet and it was excellent.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

I spent a few nights at the parklane before discovering the Quest--just across the street on the way to Ayala. The quest is FAR cleaner than the PL and I found the staff to be much nicer. The PL does put on a better btreakfast spread but the Quest's good as well.

One further advantage to the Q is there is only one suicide road crossing to get to Ayala instead of two. (The one between the PL and the Q is far more dangerous, especially at night.)

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I spent a few nights at the parklane before discovering the Quest--just across the street on the way to Ayala. The quest is FAR cleaner than the PL and I found the staff to be much nicer. The PL does put on a better btreakfast spread but the Quest's good as well.

One further advantage to the Q is there is only one suicide road crossing to get to Ayala instead of two. (The one between the PL and the Q is far more dangerous, especially at night.)

Yes, we saw that place from Parklane and wondered about it.  It must have been booked at the time because it did not come up on any searches.

samatm
Posted
Posted

never stayed at PL.  but enjoyed their merienda ..of native tskolate, budbud and other treats .. was a really nice deal.  I think 2-5 pm   .

• 1 month later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

I spent a few weeks at the quest, nice hotel, but i only ate breakfast there once.   There were plenty of places across the road, offering a nice coffee and bacon and eggs with pancakes etc for a lot less than the quest.  But I must admit the
Quest is a very nice hotel, good value.  Ate dinner there a few times very nice